Green Light on JBL 600.1?

Daniel
10+ year member

Caraudio.com
SFLA
Ok, i just installed my jbl 600.1 to two blaupunkt pcwi1200 subs. I am pretty sure that i installed them into parallel position. When i turn the power on the green light flashes and it says that the green light indicated an overheated amp, but it turned on maybe 2 seconds after the power, so it cant be overheated! It says to make sure the impendance is fit for the amp, and it is stable at 2OHM so i am wondering why it is always on? I wired it like this, (SUBS) Negative to Negative, and Positive to Positive, I used 16 guage wire which was like two wires connected, i just cut them in half to connect the two negatives and positives, and the stripped the double wire at the ends and spun them together so it was like one and put it into the amp, is that wrong?

Please Help!

Well I sudgest upping your speaker wire size and going back to check all your power connections, make sure the ground is especialy good, make it very clean, the JBL like their ground to be clean.

You would have a problem if the green light wasn't on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

hehehe thats the first thing that went through my mind when i read that the green light was on...

usually (not always, but MOST of teh time) Green = Good.....

lol.

it jsut makes sense....

i read the manual and it says No Power ( GREEN LED is on) it says amp is overheated and to check the impendance

are your subs dvc or svc??if they are 4ohm dvc subs wiring them in paralell produces a one ohm load...which is not healty for most amps....if they are svc then u are ok...

Ok, it does say that in the owners manual, but it's in the troubleshooting section. What it's saying is that the green light is on (indicating that the amp has power) and yet there is no sound the amp might be overheated. This has nothing to do with your situation other than your power light (green) is going on and off or flashing. You need to recheck your power, ground, and check to make shure your remote signal is good. I bet it's either the ground or remote //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.