green gooey stuff

Participant count
  • Participant list

ASDF12345
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
us
whenever i look at pictures of contruction of a fiberglass box, after the glass is all layed up and cured and stuff, they always use this green goo stuff. they coat the box with it, then sand it, and after this step it always appears really smooth. i always use lightweight body filler called "Bondo Gel." but its not nearly as liquidy as that green stuff. anyone know what that stuff is? it seems like it saves a lot of sanding time. anyone?

i cant be the same stuff, the green stuff is as liquidy as shampoo, bongdo gel is thick like cookie dough

different brand......its a body filler that is more of a liquid.....i would just go to a auto body shop and see what kind of filler they use or recomend other than bondo

Originally posted by Goddyd4me different brand......its a body filler that is more of a liquid.....i would just go to a auto body shop and see what kind of filler they use or recomend other than bondo

i figured out what it is. its body filler mixed with resin. it thins the body filler and makes a gooey pastey body filler. it works wonders for filling pinholes and small buildup etc. also, the guy that told me that told me an orbital dual action sander was worth the money so i bought an air one, and it took hours and turned them into minutes. its the best tool yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.