Great 5 channel amps at $500-$600 What are you top 3 and why?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Droz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Purchased a new 2021 Tacoma and need to upgrade the sound. I want to build everything around a single solid, not "The Best most Expensive" amp. I am looking for a 50-100 watts x 4 and a single channel between 300-500watts. I will be using the stock HU and cleaning up the sound with a 6 channel DSP. Speakers are Kicker CS in the dash and front and back doors. I have not decided on the subwoofer setup as of yet. I mainly listen to 80's hard rock and audio books. I'm over 50 so I'm over the "Loud" and into the "clean and tight" sound.

I have been thinking along the lines of:

1. Audison SR 5.600
  2. Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5
  3. JBL Stadium 5
  4. Memphis Audio PRXA700.5
  5. JL Audio RD900/5

What else should I be looking at?

DD 5.1500 might be worth a look if you have a local DD dealer, though I don't know the MSRP. What I very much like about that one is the very robust sub channel. Power is cheap these days and you can get strong low extension in small space if you sacrifice efficiency (have a lot of power to throw at a sub). Consider also the sort of music you originally bought on white cassette tapes often has rather anemic mixes and having a bit more oomph in the sub stage may come in handy if you're playing early MTV era type stuff.

Arc audio makes a nice small footprint 5 channel for around your budget and Alpine PDX may also be worth a look, and Kicker makes a fine amp and probably has something comparable. Honestly if you're happy with the Kicker components you could shop them for amp, grab a mid tier Kicker sub and call it done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...