Got the subs !

more_spl
10+ year member

only have 1, but it's 12"
Winnipeg
today i went to A&B sound and got my 2 10"s (finally)......

they are the MTX Thunder6000's .....

they were only $130 for the 2 (thats canadian funds)...

the guy wouldnt let me hear the TYPE E's so i said NO to them.

but the crummy part is, my parents said i can't put them in until beginning of Sep.

thats 2 whole months!!! but thats when school starts, and my friend can build a box in carpentry then, and help me with the amp rack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i hope when i get it in it's nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you would have been way better off with the type s's....alpine makes a way better speaker......i worked at A&B here in regina

POSTED BY ADAMAWAYFROMMPA:

Just wondering but did you parents say why you couldn't put em in yet?
i don't know lol. but i get them in when school starts. PLUS, it will work out, cuz then @ school we can make a box in carpentry and an amp rack.
What is the wattage rating on those subs?
250Wrms

POSTED BY TAYLOR:

you would have been way better off with the type s's....alpine makes a way better speaker
very true, but the Type S' were 2x the price of the MTX.

this is my first system, and there's alays time for improvements //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by more_spl POSTED BY ADAMAWAYFROMMPA:

this is my first system, and there's alays time for improvements //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Very tru more_spl......i agree with you 100%....starting off with what you have is g0od, that way u can learn what it is u need to do, what u can and cant do, and in the process you figure out what it is you want out of your system.....as you learn your system will grow.......I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get what it is you want out of your system....

Sspider

they hold 500 max each, i got three of the 10s they sound pretty straight i got them hooked up in my house with 2 fosgate 10s and a 15 lol, my house bangs, but yeah them subs are straight i got 2 of them in a sealed box.......i duno what there made for never really checked it, i dont plan on puttin these in any of my cars......

Originally posted by adamawayfrommpa
What kind of amp are you going to run them with?
MTX Thunder8302.

gonna run them @ 2 ohms parallel. so it'll push them over 150x2 Wrms on a 12V current

thanks Sspider. i already know a fair amount on subs and car audio, it's just actuallly KNOWING it physically i have a lack of. the only systems i've messed with were my buddies, lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif.. so now that i am gonna be putting in actual hardware soon, i can put my knowledge to good use and see what happens from there. and im gonna try and learn each topic of car audio one at a time. I got subs down-packed, and next i wanna learn more about amps and HU's. im pretty good with amps, but like i said, i can :Dalways learn. cuz i wanna get a job at an audio store when i turn 18 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you see, this is what i like to see in people...MOTIVATION, INSPIRATION, and "GOALS"....

I'm glad to see that people out there still wanna learn about the sport of car audio...and not just b000oooming around town....

I have my first "

real" system too SPL. And i know enough to get by but as u said i can always learn more, and boy do i wanna learn more.!!!! I am actually planning on makiing this my career. i wanna go to college and get an acoustical engineering degree and learn how to make amps, subs, etc. and work as an engineer for Infinity or something.

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

more_spl

10+ year member
only have 1, but it's 12"
more_spl
Winnipeg
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date