Got the amps, need the subs for my 350z

Participant count
  • Participant list

89tben
10+ year member

Mizzou
ok guys its been a looooooooong time since i been on here. wasnt really sure where to put this thread, so if it needs to be moved please move it or let me know mods.

ok so i bough a 05 350z last year. been workin on it for the past 4 months and finnally got it back on the road. now im lookin to put a system in it. i want it loud. like really loud. i have a decent amount of power to back it up. just need to find a good sub or set of subs and figure out the right box configuration due to my space constraints. (anyone who owns a z will know what im talking about)

ok so heres the rundown of what i got for power.

i have 2 rockford fosgate punch power 500.2s the oldschool chrome editions ones

these will do 250x2@4ohms, 500x2@2ohms or 1000x1@4ohms and from what ive read thats underrated.

i also have 2 rockford fosgate punch power 50.2s same oldshool chorme editions

these will do 25x2@4ohms or 50x2@2ohms also supposedly underrated

(these amps can be seen in my gallery)

i also have a couple of clarion pro audio headunits with flip out screens and one of their signal processors, the dvh 920 or 940.

and i have a set of diamond audio 5.25s for the fron doors. cant remember what model their are but they are decent.

so thats what i have. what i am askin is which sub or subs would be best for me and which box configuration would be best. keep in mind i dont have alot of space but im not goong to be using the hatch area for anything else. i want it as loud as i can get it. and this is gonna be a street beating system, or daily system how ever you want to put it even tho the z isnt my daily driver. im not gonna have it up all the time but i want the volume there when i want to hear and feel it.

any help is very much apreciated especially from ppl with 350z experience.

thanks alot

ben

Well a custom box to the woofers specs would be best but I've seen a lot of Z's rock those custom boxes that go under the bar in the rear and have the woofer(s) right behind ur head.

As for subs, you have a decent amount of choices. 250x2@4ohms can let you use subs like the SSA Dcons or entry level FI subs. You can also use the entry level audioques. 500x2@2ohms would be nice for such subs as the TC epic, a DC level 2 or 3. Maybe an Audioque. You might be off by 100 watts rms powering those but thats not a big deal. T3 audio also offers some good 400rms subs. In my opinion the 1000x1@4ohms option is ur best. There are so many subs that can run that. The 3 that come to mind are DC lvl4, IA subs and Sundown's. Keep in mind you can play with a lot of wiring options that way. To run multiple subs.

check them all out. I'm still fairly new so more experienced member can chime in.

Im running whats in my sig. The fronts are 6.5 how come you arent running that size. Leave the rear speakers alone it ruins the front stage

Did you decide if you wanted to go sealed or ported? If ported the most you can get is 2.2 cubes in the trunk and thats with keep the trunk area stock. If sealed mike at zenclosures makes some very nice boxes that fit under the strut bar. You would have to take out the spare tire, mat and trunk panel to get maybe 4 cubes but keep in mind it wont be a custom fit or look pretty. My 2 10s flex all body panels and vibrates the steering wheel and dash board. If you can get 2 12's in the right box or 1 15 would be nice also. The z cabin is kind of small to get the full potential of larger subs. Sundown sa, dc lv3,4, Aq, FI, List goes on and on

im lookin to put 12s in there but do u have pics of ur set up. im thinkin of startin with alpin type rs and then later gettin a set of fi bl subs

Im running whats in my sig. The fronts are 6.5 how come you arent running that size. Leave the rear speakers alone it ruins the front stage
wow that looks nice. im thinkin of goin ported ive talked to the guys at my local audio shop about makin a custom box. like i said i want it loud. and yea i think im goin to go with 6.5s in the doors. prolly alpine type r components to start out with. and u really dont think i should do the rear speakers?

Yeah the doors are 6.5. Imo you should hold off on the type r's and just save for something better. You can also get 2 Sa 12's and be more than happy. 2 Btls there wont enough airspace to really get their full potential. Yeah if you look on my350z.com everyone just disconnects their rear speakers I learned the hard way. I replaced them then noticed the sound just wasnt right not too mention the seats block them anyway. Generally speaking most people (2 door/rear seats) dont use their rear stage so consider with a Z the space is cut down by 40% so we really dont need it. Save your money and put it towards something else. Ive heard the type r components are a little rough the type X's sound better but look around there are some nice sets for that price.

SA 8's? or Icon? maybe talk to splaudio, he can tailor his builds to your necessity.

edit: 2-3 SA 8's ported would fit, I think.. They need .6 -1.0 cubic foot, tuned to 30-40hz

ok well i've pretty much decided to go with 6.5 components up front then. and not worry about my rears. also im pretty set on 12 inch subs. i may go down to 10 inch but i just like 12s better. and i was lookin at the fi bl series not the btls. i would love to have the btl but i know i dont have enough space, or money for that matter. lol. but yea i was thinkin of saving up for the fi subs or waht ever i decide on instead of goin with the type r's. like i said i have a decent amount of power so i need some fairly beefy subs. and i know the fi subs are supposed to be really good. but i am also lookin in to all the other suggestions that have been given to me. so keep them coming so i can compare and decide. also suggestion on front components would help too. not lookin to spend a lot of money on the components just like 200 to 300 at the most but lower then that is better. and thanks everybody so far for all the help and suggestions.

the fi bl12s im lookin at take 1.5-2 cubes for a vented enclosure. my stereo guy said they could probably get almost 2 cubes per sub in my hatch. havent drawn anything up yet since im still in the pre purchase stage. gotta figure out what route im goin and u guys are helpin.

thanks again

What are your electrical plans? to push two btls' adding an extra battery wont be enough. Will def need an alternator since stock is only 110

What are your electrical plans? to push two btls' adding an extra battery wont be enough. Will def need an alternator since stock is only 110
0 gauge wire runs, big 3, extra battery, and a ho alt. and like i said im lookin at the bl series. its the next step down from the btls. but also lookin at the dd 2500 or 3500 series or the sundow sa-12's or s v.2 12's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

89tben

10+ year member
89tben
Mizzou
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from