Got new Apline Speakers for front, rear door, To Amp or not to Amp?

jrodfoo
10+ year member

I got my sets of alpine speakers for front and rear door, (alpine SPS-690A for rear and the SPS-571A Componets for the front) I have an alpine 9830 headunit,

My question is, Do I want to buy an amp to power these speakers? or can i get by with just the headunit. Kinda new to all of this stuff. Just wanted to get some opinions here. Thanks guys.

you will get the most out of them if you power them with an external amp. it will work fine with h/u power but i highly reccomend an amp on them, because nobody like deck power.

i have the r types comps for front and r`s co ax.in back and i have my fronts running off an external amp and the rears just off the h/u

i have the r types comps for front and r`s co ax.in back and i have my fronts running off an external amp and the rears just off the h/u
thats exactly how u should do it. i once ran my type r's off the HU and switched to an external amp. it lets u get a whole lot more outta ur speakers.

I can probably spend no more than 300 on an amp, kinda tight, I saw some good alpines on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79825&item=5749430828&rd=1

Not sure if that is too much or just right,

6three6mafia6, what alpine model are you talking about? Thanks for the quick replies! I appriciate it
thats a class D subwoofer amp...thats gonna be used to power a sub. Speaker amps are A/B (vs. D for subwoofer amps) cant give you model #s but just look for one that is 4channel or 2channel. Not mono

Yeah I think I am gonna get that one i just mentioned. Should fit the purpose, Mine will collect dust as well until i get everything and get around to getting it all installed. Hopefully by middle March

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jrodfoo

10+ year member
jrodfoo
lewistown, pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from