Got my first tool set *PICS*

Snap On is the cause of many installers and mechanics going bankrupt.
i wouldn't doubt it...

i'll never buy SO, ive been using Craftsman tools for 16 years and ive never had to take one in because it broke

My set's better; 4 of 5 sets, plus my employees tool sets. But then again they have to be good or I don't get paid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the gay thing about craftsman sets is they come in bags then you ahve to put them in place. but i get 20% off everything so ill put up with it

just got mine

494TAtoolkit.jpg

i have a lot of craftsman sockets and wrenches...also have a nice 12 volt drill from craftsman...as well as a 60 year old planer which is still in mint condition...they hold up very well...ive even replaced a few things over the years...

i remember and still have my first set of tools, i was 9 and my dad gave me a big matco tool box loaded full of various tools, mostly matco as that is what his shop typically had. had a few ball peen and body hammers, awesome set of punches and a giant snap on torque wrench...i spent several days cleaning them all and making it look nice...great day when you get your first real set...

a few years back i bought a nice lazer etched craftsman set...pretty much got everything you need...

i don't care about what anyone says about the lazer etch sockets...they are the shizzle...it saves a second everytime i have to get a new socket but that extra second is a "frustration" second so i hate those...

people say they get scratched up but i'm only a weekend warrior so it'll be about 10 years before they go bad...

i don't think i will be buying anything snapon any time soon...$100 for a set of wrenches that's $30 from craftsman? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif c'mon...even that flankdrive system isn't worth an extra $70...imo

i got a buddy who's a machanic and i think some aspects of it is really just showing off to the other machanics that "i can buy more expensive tools then you" sorta thing...whatever:suicide:

Just bought an 18V dewalt drill....****ing sooo much more powerful and bad ass then my craftsman 18v I had....still keep it as a back-up though
i thinking buying something like power tools is different...dewalt, makita, panasonic, hitachi's $200 drills daym well worth it over $50 menards/generic brands because the performance and reliablilty is visibly there...

$100 snap on/matco/mac wrench set vs. $30 craftsman set that does the same thing or $100 small set of sockets from snapon/matco/mac vs. $25 socket set from craftsman? IMO F#CK NO!!

im kind of itching to try out one of those beefy hitatchi drills...but my dam mikita wont die already! haha i've put it threw hell...my cousin accidentally dropped it off my roof last year, and nothing, got left out on his boat for 2 weeks in the elements and the darn thing still works flawlessly...which is honestly a good thing...says something about the mikitas

I believe Snap-On wrenches have excellent tolerance, meaning they are beyond accurate.
like i said, my buddy who's a machanic has nothin but snapon's and i've used them...they do feel alil better and whatever and to the pro, they may work alil better too...

again, maybe if you're a full time machanic, it might be worth it...but a weekend warrior, def not imo...i still think its still just a machanic ego "gotta have the best thing to outdo my fellow worker's" thing as well...

i just can't justify paying 3x the price for something that has the same warranty and does practically the same thing...

I like craftsman socket wrenches a lot.

I remember watching American Hot Rod and one of the guys bent the **** out of a wrentch to reach a hard to get bolt. He then brought it into sears and they gave him a replacement right there.

Yeah I have all craftsman sockets, wrenches, and then I have all the car electronics specialty tools, but this drill is the ****, DEWALT FTW!
when i bought my panasonic drills, i did a bunch of research...the dewalts seem to have some minor batter problems so i oppt for the panasonic...not only that, but NiMH > Ni-Cad, 3.5Ah > 2.4Ah, the 12v XRP does have some good amount of power tho...

either way...when it comes to power tools, its definitely worth it to buy something good like dewalt, makita, hitachi, panasonic, milwaukee the first time...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buick3800power

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Buick3800power
Your mom's panties
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date