Got a ticket (sound), try and help me

22mountaineer
10+ year member

6 /\
North AL
First off if you dont have a clue what you are talking about then I dont want to hear it. I am not trying to be an dick trying to pick at a law to "get away" I simply didnt do it.

Just drove off post, busy highway, barely even had my stock speakers with my Alpine HU on.. VOL 16 to be exact.. Got pulled over, sound ordinance, ticket, wouldnt even try to let me explain.. Website shows this.. Chapter 16, Article III, Section 16-77.

http://www.ci.killeen.tx.us/cikilleen/Boards&Commissions/Chapter16.pdf

Almost half way down the page it starts at:

Sec. 16-77. General restrictions.

IDK if its just that one section, if it goes on to the next few, they all have to do with noise, if it is only that one, I am seeing (d) and that annoy word, making (a) and that decible word irrelevant

It's also important to know if you were bumpin' prior to leaving post?

I know off of most Bases/Forts/Posts that the cops are always RIGHT THERE, as most military bases have very shady areas right outside them.

Chances are they heard you before you left post, or have heard you before, or profiled your vehicle. Either way, you have a stereo system...so they're going to automatically win. Unless you can prove that it's non-functional.

I know this isn't probably going to help you, but you're not going to win this one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

--EDIT--

Stock looking vehicle FTW

They obviously heard it. They just happened to pick on the guy who frequents a CA forum for a noise violation. Total coincidence.

create, generate, produce, or emanate an unreasonable noise or noise nuisance which, by

its manner, volume, intensity, or duration, is such as to annoy, distress or disturb the

comfort or repose of any reasonable person of ordinary nervous sensibilities within the

vicinity or hearing thereof;

The generation or production of ANY music at ANY volume which could be heard by anyone on the road/sidewalk could be a violation IF the manner/intensity (curse words, degrating music, etc) violates a basic reasonable person standard (would a reasonable person be offended by it?). Not going to be difficult to prove.

If you were listening to Christian Rock you have a good shot! Otherwise bite the bullet and pay the fine.

create, generate, produce, or emanate an unreasonable noise or noise nuisance which, byits manner, volume, intensity, or duration, is such as to annoy, distress or disturb the

comfort or repose of any reasonable person of ordinary nervous sensibilities within the

vicinity or hearing thereof;

The generation or production of ANY music at ANY volume which could be heard by anyone on the road/sidewalk could be a violation IF the manner/intensity (curse words, degrating music, etc) violates a basic reasonable person standard (would a reasonable person be offended by it?). Not going to be difficult to prove.

If you were listening to Christian Rock you have a good shot! Otherwise bite the bullet and pay the fine.
In my opinion, any reasonable person would not be offended by it. It's the unreasonable people who complain about stupid shit so governments, whether they are federal, state, or local, are forced to make laws to make us keep quiet to keep these unreasonable people quiet. I'm a very reasonable person and I'm very hard to offend.

Of course I am going to get the turn it down *** comments blah blah blah

I rarely ever go off post, I do not run around listing to my **** blaring. IT WAS NOT UP THEY COULD NOT HEAR IT. On top of that it was 12 oclock 2 miles outside the gate. If any of you even live close to a base you know how heavy traffic is. I do not know how much more clear I need to be. I unpaused it and used my phone after the ticket without touching the volume.

It was clearly profiling, I wear tan and green and drive a mountaineer with 26's on it.. So come on with the big ass rims and attention comments..

I know I can go in there and say not guilty and then the DA will cut the ticket in half and offer to drop it, what I dont want to do is go in there, have to pay the whole ticket plus court costs because of a couple of words in here making it the officers descretion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

22mountaineer

10+ year member
6 /\
22mountaineer
North AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date