Good to Above average subwoofer makers.

1-12-t1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
so i been lookin around both here and on the internet and havent found very many updated pages on subwoofer makers and how they compare to others. Where would DC compare to Nightshade, or Btl or Re Audio or Soundstream. Anybody know of any updated sites who "rank" these type of companys?

Thank you in advance for help!

if u read just a few of the threads in the subwoofer section, u will see the most talked about brands, and u cant go wrong with any of them.

u dont see many talk about soundstream, as its not near as good as sundown.

imo differences from sundown, dc, fi are minimal. that is with the exception that i have not heard a fi q, or any sundown sub.

best thing to do is post if u want spl, sq, and ur budget. but u really cant go wrong with any of the main brands talked about on here, just grab what u can afford, or the cheapest.

well the amp i got right now is a 1501d older version model and its modded to 1 ohm so it does ABOUT 2000 rms give or take a bit with a 100ah battery with 1/0 gauge. was readin a lot about the dc lvl4 xl. somewhere in the park of about 200-250$.

what other subs would be as good or better for the amount of power and price.

1 or 2 subs?

like i said its really about what u wanna spend.

if u can get a dc lvl 4 12" for over 200$, u might look at the sundown sa-12 for $190. its rated at 600 but it can handle 1000 daily.

fi ssd 12" is $180 but thats before shipping, though im not sure how it compares to the dc or the sa prices after shipping. it could be the cheapest, and it should handle 1000 fine.

if i wanted to get loud and sound decent, i think $190 for the sa-12 and $190 for the presale on the sa-15 is what i would personally do. unless the fi ssd is cheapest shipped, then i would do it

Well like i said i got around 2k power and i ment 200-250 each sub. but i just found a lvl 5 18 dc for 450. how would that do on the power i have?

also on the off question if i buy a sub lets make a number up 5k rms and i have an amp 2krms how would it sound? would it be good or bad? the main pros and cons?

Well like i said i got around 2k power and i ment 200-250 each sub. but i just found a lvl 5 18 dc for 450. how would that do on the power i have? also on the off question if i buy a sub lets make a number up 5k rms and i have an amp 2krms how would it sound? would it be good or bad? the main pros and cons?
like i said 2k power, 200-250 per sub,

fi ssd and sundown sa can handle that power and are both cheaper or right at $200

if u under power a sub, it wont sound bad, but u wont see the full potential of the sub. nothing wrong with that as long as its loud enough for you.

its better on the sub as far as it wont damage it because ur no where near its max.

however u have to be careful setting gains, u will probably clip the amp trying to push the sub more, which can damage amp or sub if u clip

alright so it'll be atleast as loud as lets say a 2000rms sub gets. if im right? just wont max out the sub. and thanks for the feed back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.