good system help

Participant count
  • Participant list
OK, I'm sure this has been posted 1,000 times and it being my first post (btw I've been on here looking for over a year) it probably doesn't start me off well, but ah well.

I just bought a Honda Ridgeline, 2007. I had a 2004 F-150 for a year and an xB before that.

Here is what I currently own...

JL XR 6.5 comp set...

JL 250/1 amp, JL 300/4 amp, Both Slash series

Subs lying around... 1 10 JL W6v2, 2 12 JL W1

The subs are going to be replaced for sure because they won't fit. I'm looking for two great SQ subs (for rock, rap, everything) for around 500-600 with a shallow mounting depth (6.5).

I am looking to upgrade the fronts possibly. I love my JLs, but I want something that will sound more balanced. They don't get quite loud enough for me and I would like a bit more midbass. I know alot of my problem is that I didnt deaden before which is stupid and will be eDeading the whole truck.

I havea about $1000-$1200 to play with. I have heard great things about Rainbow and others products...what do you recommend. I want great SQ, SPL can go shove it. I love to hear bass, but I love my highs and mids more.

So basically what do you recommend? I'm just getting back into this seriously and wany something that sounds great to rock and rap.

Could I be more general?

edit* I have a Alpine HU I just bought and a Kenwood EQ, that I used to use, but don't anymore. I also have a 1.5 Fared Cap, but I think its causing feedback in my systems because I in my last two vehicles (when I bought it) I have heard some major feedback in my front right speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.