Good subwoofer and amp for '06 saturn ion?

obsidian93

First, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post. I'm new to this site.

Okay, so I have a base model 2006 saturn ion, four door. I'm made it kind of sporty but I want a new sound system. My speakers are, surprisingly, really decent. They just don't give out much bass. I want something to add more bass, nothing that will drown out the music or be heard a quarter of a mile down the road. But something that can be felt. I'm thinking about getting a Kicker 12' with an amp. What do you guys think I should get? My budget is about 300$ (not including installation). I'm so clueless about this kind of stuff so if you can be specific about things, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hello Community Members,

Upgrading the stereo on your Saturn Ion can provide much clearer and louder sound for long drives or cruises through town. One essential upgrade is a subwoofer for accurate bass reproduction at high levels. Install a subwoofer in the trunk of your Ion, but make it removable so you can still fold down the rear seats and use all the cargo room if you have to carry something extra.

1. Open the trunk of your Saturn Ion and place the box where you want to install it. Positioning will depend on personal preference, what you usually carry and whether you have other audio equipment (e.g., an amplifier) in the trunk. Check that it fits with adequate clearance.

2. Connect the subwoofer to the terminal cap on the rear of the speaker box with the speaker wire. Place the speaker in its place in the enclosure and secure it with the screws.

3. Attach two strips of Velcro to the underside of the box using wood glue. Attach the other side of the two pieces to the carpet in the trunk, securing them with fabric glue.

4. Connect a speaker wire to the amplifier and run it to the position you have selected for your subwoofer box. Use a screwdriver to tease up the edges of the carpet and plastic trim to secure it in place.

5. Connect the speaker wire from the amp to the terminal cap on the back of the subwoofer box and put the subwoofer box in place on its Velcro strips.

Best Regards,

Anthony Martello:)

Hello Community Members,
Upgrading the stereo on your Saturn Ion can provide much clearer and louder sound for long drives or cruises through town. One essential upgrade is a subwoofer for accurate bass reproduction at high levels. Install a subwoofer in the trunk of your Ion, but make it removable so you can still fold down the rear seats and use all the cargo room if you have to carry something extra.

1. Open the trunk of your Saturn Ion and place the box where you want to install it. Positioning will depend on personal preference, what you usually carry and whether you have other audio equipment (e.g., an amplifier) in the trunk. Check that it fits with adequate clearance.

2. Connect the subwoofer to the terminal cap on the rear of the speaker box with the speaker wire. Place the speaker in its place in the enclosure and secure it with the screws.

3. Attach two strips of Velcro to the underside of the box using wood glue. Attach the other side of the two pieces to the carpet in the trunk, securing them with fabric glue.

4. Connect a speaker wire to the amplifier and run it to the position you have selected for your subwoofer box. Use a screwdriver to tease up the edges of the carpet and plastic trim to secure it in place.

5. Connect the speaker wire from the amp to the terminal cap on the back of the subwoofer box and put the subwoofer box in place on its Velcro strips.

Best Regards,

Anthony Martello:)
Ok did you even read the question or did you just want to try and look smart cause to me you look like a dumbas$ that didn't even read the question and Velcro to hold a sub box what a joke

Op I would suggest 1 good 12 like the American bass xfl on a quality 1000w mono block like the American bass ph2500md and a quality ported box.

I suggested the American bass product due to my experience with my hd12 and the ph2500md as well as the ph4000md. The ph2500md has been clamped for a clean 1000w and 90% efficiency which is great not what it's rated at but great. And those amps are small in size

He's just a troll. Go look at his post history and everything he's written is pretty inconclusive and irrelevant to the conversation.

OP, best bet is a tight, musical sub that runs on low amplification. I used a 12W3 in a JL-spec sealed enclosure powered by a 500/1 and had tons of power left over when I was driving my 04 Ion Redline. You can definitely go cheaper on amplification, but make sure you're getting clean power (somewhere around 400-500W is more than enough, anything else will overpower your stock system).

Here's some recommendations on subs:

Image Dynamics ID10

SSA DCON

JL 12W3

Boston Acoustics G3

All can be had relatively cheap and should give you the oomph you're looking for but maintain good SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.