Good Setup?

Most of the subs can be found cheap in my area on Craiglist.

Memphis 15-PR12D4 (15pr12d4) 12" Subwoofers Car Subwoofers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Friend has two of these subs with a Sony Xplod 1800 watt amp but no deep bass just rattles.

I was thinking of getting the Type R 12's but i'm open more options.

This amps seems to be good for the price and puts out 600RMS at 4OHMS Alpine MRP-M1000 (mrpm1000) Mono Subwoofer Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Which is so **** sad compared to 1995 when you could barely get in the parking lots at audio stores.

(Didn't quote like it should have, misfitz)

Last edited by a moderator:
So let me get this straight. You want us to help you be even more of a douchebag, but do it on the cheap so others wont know you're a brokeass too?

Yeah, okay.

I am not made out of money at all. Most of the stuff I am going to buy is going to be used bought of Craiglist or Ebay.

I am not trying to be in competition like most of you guys do. I just want to have a good setup. That will take care of the Kicker nutswingers in my area. That is all I ask, I didn't come here to be bashed on, because I can't afford audio systems like most of the people here. You guys were noobs at some point of time as well.

I am not made out of money at all. Most of the stuff I am going to buy is going to be used bought of Craiglist or Ebay.

I am not trying to be in competition like most of you guys do. I just want to have a good setup. That will take care of the Kicker nutswingers in my area. That is all I ask, I didn't come here to be bashed on, because I can't afford audio systems like most of the people here. You guys were noobs at some point of time as well.
Do like everybody else does...get 2 type r 12's or 15's, grab an MB Quart amp and call it a day.

Don't worry about blowing a bunch on a sub amp. Get something that puts out rated power and leave it at that. You can easily put 1kw to a Type R. 500 watts will not be enough for the type of SPL you're wanting in most circumstances.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.