Good off axis tweeter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I finally upgraded my 4Runner but I’m not thrilled with it. I am using the Pioneer 4400NEX for crossovers/slopes. Using the Infinity Kappa 90CSX set and I really do enjoy the midrange as it can get down but the tweeter is not doing it for me.

The tweeter is small and Infinity recommends crossing them at 5khz which is way too high imo. It seems very bright. I need some recommendations for a good tweeter to swap in. I have it located in the dash firing towards the windshield (stock location).

4 channel is a JL RD400/4 and substage is Audiofrog GS12 on a JL XD600/1. Possibly upgrading to an IA LI 12 on an IA10.1 or 2 JL 10 W6v2’s (if I can find another).

I finally upgraded my 4Runner but I’m not thrilled with it. I am using the Pioneer 4400NEX for crossovers/slopes. Using the Infinity Kappa 90CSX set and I really do enjoy the midrange as it can get down but the tweeter is not doing it for me.

The tweeter is small and Infinity recommends crossing them at 5khz which is way too high imo. It seems very bright. I need some recommendations for a good tweeter to swap in. I have it located in the dash firing towards the windshield (stock location).

4 channel is a JL RD400/4 and substage is Audiofrog GS12 on a JL XD600/1. Possibly upgrading to an IA LI 12 on an IA10.1 or 2 JL 10 W6v2’s (if I can find another).
I have a good set for sale pm me if interested and I'll give you more details ...they are very impressive if your into SQ ..if you want harsh horn tweeters then they won't be for you ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.