Good Cheap Wire????

I may give the monster a try.
I just ordered fifty ft of it instead of the welding wire. For one reason. Its tinned. Well, the silver is, anyways. I wanted red and smoke colors for positive and negative runs, but decided on silver because its tinned.

Now I just need to find terminals that fit over it properly. Prolly going to have to use 3/0 lugs.

Now I just need to find terminals that fit over it properly. Prolly going to have to use 3/0 lugs.
Yeah man I have to buy 2/0 guage lugs if I don't wanna use crimpable ends.

I use both knu KCA 1/0 and the monters 400 series 1/0 with the plastic core, and without it.

I really like the thickness of the strands in the monster wire for direct connect devices, but the Knu is definitely more flexible. I would definitely use the monster 400 series over most anything else I've used, great wire!

I just ordered fifty ft of it instead of the welding wire. For one reason. Its tinned. Well, the silver is, anyways. I wanted red and smoke colors for positive and negative runs, but decided on silver because its tinned.
The silver Monster Cable is tha best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

I have a pair of monster 3/0 compression fitting terminals that I bought used on ebay about 3 months ago. I didnt end up using them. Let me know if ur interested. They're BEEFY, and the dont look used.. They go for about 50 bucks+ each new, but I'll part with them for what I paid plus shipping..

I have a pair of monster 3/0 compression fitting terminals that I bought used on ebay about 3 months ago. I didnt end up using them. Let me know if ur interested. They're BEEFY, and the dont look used.. They go for about 50 bucks+ each new, but I'll part with them for what I paid plus shipping..
Pm me your asking price. Ty :)

since your talking 2ga, i like the advance auto 2gauge wire
That 2/0 isn't two gauge..its way bigger. I ended up going with silver monster cable 1/0, since its tinned.

Does that Monster wire have that plastic piece in the middle of the strands?
Yeah. Its supposed to serve a function. Not sure if its a gimmick or not, but it still has a ton of copper per foot. According to the wire comparison sticky its more than everything else, save knu kollosus.

The silver Monster Cable is tha best //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
This stuff is a killer deal... 50 ft of quality 1/0 tinned ofc for $119 is a steal. I'm very pleased with my decision.

monstercable004.jpg

Yeah. Its supposed to serve a function. Not sure if its a gimmick or not, but it still has a ton of copper per foot. According to the wire comparison sticky its more than everything else, save knu kollosus.
It is a gimmick. And only makes it less flexible. But that is a killer good deal. Btw, 2/0 terminals should slip right on.

AND lastly. Fwiw, true to size SAE 1/0 cable is rated for 300a. Knu wire is oversized and hence, rated for 375a, it is genuinely 2/0 cable I believe. And I'm sure the monster cable is a little oversized as well, so it is rated for at LEAST 300a. Just know, with any quality 1/0 OFC cable, you're getting a minimum of 300a carrying capacity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.