Good Cheap Wire????

**** I'm tired, lol... just realized ^those^ two posts are of identical wire.
I was very confused by that :p

It's only rated for 60 DCV. I'm not sure how or if that limits you. If my poor and incomplete understanding of Ohms law is correct though, A=V/R. Which means the amperage is equal to volts divided by resistance. So 60v at 1 ohm would be the equivalent of 60a which is roughly 600w. Again, not sure if this all works how I'm thinking it does, but that may be why it's so cheap. Honestly I'd just go with AudioTechnix. Best wire for the money. You won't find any more flexible, and it's plenty oversized, just barely under Knu's 0 gauge (which is actually 2/0). Their CCA is good for 250a. You can get 50ft of it for $70....

I was very confused by that :p It's only rated for 60 DCV. I'm not sure how or if that limits you. If my poor and incomplete understanding of Ohms law is correct though, A=V/R. Which means the amperage is equal to volts divided by resistance. So 60v at 1 ohm would be the equivalent of 60a which is roughly 600w. Again, not sure if this all works how I'm thinking it does, but that may be why it's so cheap. Honestly I'd just go with AudioTechnix. Best wire for the money. You won't find any more flexible, and it's plenty oversized, just barely under Knu's 0 gauge (which is actually 2/0). Their CCA is good for 250a. You can get 50ft of it for $70....
Its rated for 325+ amps, and its cheaper than car audio 1/0 that is rated for 300. Plenty of guys run flexaprene,excelene, etc welding wire. I'm just seeing if anyone else knows of a better route. I've been considering cca. But... I am leaning towards getting the welding wire just because I know I won't have to ”upgrade” again. However, I am still open to using cca if it makes sense. I don't see the point of getting car audio ofc for the price it sells for if welding wire works just as well or better (other than being flexible, that is).

Its rated for 325+ amps......I don't see the point of getting car audio ofc for the price it sells for if welding wire works just as well or better (other than being flexible, that is).
If you know it's rated for 325a, then just get it. You're good there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And as far as I know, that is the only point of getting car audio wire, is for the flexibility. Greater strand count and flexibility. I can't see any other advantages. Though I've heard a lot of people say that the Flexaprene and Excelene welding wire is also fantastically flexible. I don't know how flexible "SGR" wire is though. I've worked with inflexible wire before and it is a nightmare, so just be warned if it isn't particularly flexible, that 2/0 is going to be a nightmare!

If you know it's rated for 325a, then just get it. You're good there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And as far as I know, that is the only point of getting car audio wire, is for the flexibility. Greater strand count and flexibility. I can't see any other advantages. Though I've heard a lot of people say that the Flexaprene and Excelene welding wire is also fantastically flexible. I don't know how flexible "SGR" wire is though. I've worked with inflexible wire before and it is a nightmare, so just be warned if it isn't particularly flexible, that 2/0 is going to be a nightmare!
I found this...WELDING CABLE 2/0 50 Its going to be that, or the heavily discounted Monster 1/0 that's around right now.

I'm a beast bitch gurr, Invader Zim.
And Knu cca.
invaderzim3.jpg

fvck yeah!

and I'm getting ofc...

I just saw the words "cheap but good", so that's why I said it.
AT cca and knu kca is great stuff, but the price difference for the flexaprene is small enough to have me leaning towards it. I want the wire to be rated for more than what my amps can (even theoretically) draw. I want headroom and the cca will not provide it. I will be upgrading my batteries next, so I want to get the most out of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.