Good amp for Sundown SA-8 d4?

Massive N3's go for about 225 and will provide enough power, and allow for you to upgrade to maybe 2 subs later on. It is also nano block amp so it takes up very little space, I have seen both the N2 and N4 in action in person, they both do just about rated, and you can't go wrong with Massive audio amps.

Cerwin Vega Makes a similar amp, the Stealth 1200.1 and it goes for about the same price. Another trusted audio brand through and through.

Rockford Fosgate has the R1200-1D which is another very good trusted brand amp, yet again allowing the possibility of adding another sub down the road. Again about the 220-230 price point.

I am not quite sure how much power SA-8v2 handles. The web site says about 500watts RMS. Anyways, I would suggest to get a PPI P1000.1. These cost about $200 online and are rated for +700watt RMS at 2ohm, but true rating is close to 1kwatt as these are the same as Soundstream TN1.1200D (another option). In other words, the amp will handle your sub effortlessly. If you're worried about having too much power, set gains with DMM. This amp also has room for growth. Should you get an identical subwoofer, in future, just wire them together in parallel for the final 1ohm load, and the amp should be able to provide +1000watts RMS power. These amps are very small and fairly efficient. Mine never gets even warm, granted my sub has 4ohm impedance. No hard numbers to back this up, but Polk and Hertz amps that share the same design have more or less met their rated power output in tests I have seen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

UKUKUK

UKUKUK
Lexington, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
zako