Good 6.5" or 6.75" Component Set for Around $170 or Less

I've read good things about he JBL MS62c components but for some reason Crutchfield lists them as not fitting my truck. I am not sure why. I found the above mentioned Diamond Audio speakers for a good price and I also found these Diamond Audio D364.5. Does anyone have any experience with them?
We sell Diamond Audio and we have the TX65V set in our display board. Our price on this set is the same as everyone else online, 149.99. We have JBL P660C and MS-62C in stock as well. I could make you a good deal on P660C, but I can't offer MS-62C in your price range.

Get an active capable HU or amp and run these. You won't be disappointed, they sound absolutely amazing in my car. I'm running 150w to each mid.. It's loud enough to keep up with a 3-4k substage and as I said, sounds amazing.
I'm personally running a CZ702 head unit and PPI 900.4 amp on them. Right now the mids have so much excursion that they're hitting the inside of the door panel on notes around 30-60hz.. After I fix that issue I'm going to have them crossed at around a 50hz HPF and 2k LPF. The tweeters are on a 2.5k HPF.

Silver Flute 6.5s

Vifa XT25 Ring Radiator Tweeter

Here is a dumb question but I am new to this stuff. Do you use the HPF and the LPF on your amp to filter the signal to the speakers? I already have a HU, it's an Alpine 147BT.

Here is a dumb question but I am new to this stuff. Do you use the HPF and the LPF on your amp to filter the signal to the speakers? I already have a HU, it's an Alpine 147BT.
Use the HPF. High Pass means you're allowing the speakers to see all frequencies above the point at which you set the HPF. Also, you may have gotten that message from Crutchfield since they factor in mounting depth or because they assume you're not going to make a baffle to accomodate for your 6x8s. Either way, you should be fine. I still vote for the P660C, though.

The PPI 900.4 is a good active capable amp. You'll need a LPF and a HPF on the mids and a HPF on the tweeters. You can always use passive components like others are recommending for ease of installation, but you can't beat the price to performance ratio on buying individual speakers and tweeters.

The PPI 900.4 is a good active capable amp. You'll need a LPF and a HPF on the mids and a HPF on the tweeters. You can always use passive components like others are recommending for ease of installation, but you can't beat the price to performance ratio on buying individual speakers and tweeters.
I think I understand. So you are able to use the amp like an active crossover? Do you run the tweeters at the same power as he mids or do you adjust that somehow? Sorry for the stupid questions I was only somewhat familiar with passive crossovers.

I think I understand. So you are able to use the amp like an active crossover? Do you run the tweeters at the same power as he mids or do you adjust that somehow? Sorry for the stupid questions I was only somewhat familiar with passive crossovers.
It's fine. And no, you'll run the tweeters with much less power. It'll require a little bit of tweaking with the gains to get the tweeters and mids balanced, but nothing major.

The Vifas are rated to take up to 90w RMS.... but you'll go deaf with that much power to a tweeter, lol.

The Silver Flutes mids, with some NVX XSPTW 29mm Tweeters, would be a VERY good front stage.

The NVX are the same as SB Acoustics SB29RDCN-C000-4 Neo Magnet Ring Dome Tweeters, but better suited for automotive apps. They're a whole other league of tweets than the Vifa's XT25's. Sonics has been known to sell them for $100 a set on Ebay with a "make offer" bid. That would keep you right in budget you would have to spend a lot more to get a better tweeter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.