Speakers cutting out

Participant count
  • Participant list

SgtBass
10+ year member

I bought a package today that came with a pioneer head unit and 2 6x9s and 2 6.5s and I hooked up the two 6x9s and it sounded good then I hooked up the other 2 and now when I play it all 4 speakers cut out and stop playing but the sub keeps playing then they will cut back in and cut out again, any ideas? The head unit doesn't say anything or give me an error I don't know what it is

how many speakers are hooked upto the headunit? also whats powering your sub?
4 pioneer speakers it came in a package with the head unit I bought it yesterday, 2 3 way 6x9 and 2 2 way 6.5, we hooked up the two 6x9s and drive to advanced auto to get fuses and played them and they played awesome, then we hooked up the back ones and now all 4 will just cut out and won't play then they will come back on, if I keep the volume below 20 they won't cut out anything higher they do, the amp that I'm using for the sub is a crunch ground pounder 700.2 it's not putting enough power to the sub but that shouldn't make a difference in the door speakers since their running off the headunit

weird, so you had all 4 speakers working off the headunit? then you put some fuses in and now the speakers cut out at volume 20? but the sub keeps going? does the headunit loose pwr or turnoff of anything like that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.