Going to be running two BRAND NEW SA-8's in my new ported box. 2 vs. 4 ohms?

So, after MUCH research, (and a serious headache), I found a custom ported box for my F150 supercrew. I am curious as to what the advantages and disadvantages are of running either the 2 ohm or 4 ohm models.
(I know, newb Q., just trying to figure out exactly what to purchase)

I will be running an MTX JH600 for now (but will be upgrading to a higher quality 600-800 watts @ 4 ohm amp later, if I need to).

Thoughts, good people?
To make these subs reach their potential you need to run them at 1k+ so instead of paying a lot for an amp that can give that much out at 4 ohms try at least finding one that does it at 2 or 1

Well if you plan on upgrading amps, I'd just get the dual 4 ohm version so you can get a 1 ohm amp, but if you're just gonna stick with your amp, get the dual 2 ohm version.

Yeah, no kidding.

I WILL be upgrading the amp eventually.

I am coming from a sealed pre-fab enclosure (2 separate .5 cube chambers) that had 2 RF fosgate lshallow 12"s in it. I purchased them a little over a month ago, and simply am not happy with the lack of 'punch' as compared to some of my ancient setups (I am newly back into this after YEARS of running the same stuff...My previous subwoofer and box were going on 20 years old). The RF 1000 was just going to be an inexpensive experiment (or so I hoped) to see if more power was the solution. After doing a ton of forum research and reading, I decided that my box and subs were holding me back, as well. Money isn't really the issue here (I will be spending ~$450 on the box and new subs, and probably ~$500 on a better amp). I guess the 4's are the way to go. I have only owned 4 ohm, and I never really questioned it, but since I tend to run equipment for a long time, I want to be sure that I am getting the BEST fit.

Of course, Now I want the SA-8 V.2's, which won't fit in that box...of course...)

OK, any opinions here?

(I can't imagine that anyone would have an opinion!)

So, here is what I know about this box so far. pretty much 99% sure on the SA-8's, (and I am committed to this box), so I would be curious to hear opininons.

"The box is 1.75 cuft tuned to 40 hz (which is what the DD specs called for). A lot of people try to tune lower, but this enclosure will still get down to 32 hz no problem. With the 40 hz tune, it will get louder than those enclosures tuned lower while at the same time be able to reach those higher range frequencies. The port specifics are in my blue prints on my build page. Let me know if you have any questions."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.