going infinite baffle with IDQ15's

the 5 1/4's will look good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

my front stage is cd1e minis, idq52's, and soon id8's i may switch to beyma's though which is why i am selling my horns and mids.

This is kinda a newb question, but what would it sound like if you didnt have the vents on the deck, and your seat was up? i think im gonna copy you here with my IDQ12's, but i have a feeling the sub directly facing my rear seat from only like 4" away will mess with the sound.

well right now i have a cover over that hole. and it sounds just about the same lol. i like to keep the seats down because they rattle quite a bit when nobody is sitting in them while they are up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i figured it wouldnt matter much since most boxes are in the trunk behind a seat anyways, but i didnt know if the close proximity of the seat infront of the sub would affect it at all.

I was thinking about building an easy fold down mechanism made from mdf. I was going to attach a spare rear seat to a sheet of mdf and move it up when not in use. These IB 15s sound like a good idea.

your biggest thing is making sure the cabin is sealed off from the trunk as best as humanly possible. mine is just about 99% done - the only area that is not sealed is where the swing arms for the trunklid are attached to the rear deck because they have small 1x1" holes in the top metal where they pivot. im sure not much air is moving thru there to effect the sound any lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you dont have them anymore? what did you do with them? i remember the thread you made with the fiberglass box [in your avatar]

ended up with an offer i couldnt refuse and i didn't, so now i'm rocking nothing , car is up for sale so hopefully i'll have a new vehicle to play with soon =)

you know skeptikal has some coustic DR15's [similar to the IDQ but i think less Xmax] should work great ib. selling for like 100+ship iirc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

idq52's? i need some IDQ8's and some IDW15's lol.
I need some IDQ8's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

This is kinda a newb question, but what would it sound like if you didnt have the vents on the deck, and your seat was up? i think im gonna copy you here with my IDQ12's, but i have a feeling the sub directly facing my rear seat from only like 4" away will mess with the sound.
Personal experience, I had a baffle about 2 inches from my back seat and you couldn't tell much of a difference with the seat up. As long as the seat is penetrable material it won’t matter to much. If you have a caddy with a solid metal wall behind the seat, then yes it will **** a little more.

hey req, what did you do to the Rear deck? anything? or do you keep the back down or what
there is a piece of MDF screwed to the underside and there is a little sound dampening. otherwise no i didnt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.