going infinite baffle with IDQ15's

HELLSING for the win!!!

oh and those subs look pretty good too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

~Magick_Man~

lol thanks for all the posative critism everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i got a lot of work done today, for some reason i was ambitious! so i got my router bits all sorted out, cut some IDQ holes [ IDQ15's are 6 15\16" mounting radius for those of you who are interested ]. i then rounded one side off with a 3\4" roundover bit and then i moved my wires from the floor of the trunk, up the sides of the rear seat area behind little inserts and thru the rear deck into the trunk from eaither side. i caulked the areas that were open up there [i ran out of caulk, i need to seal up two or three other small areas], and i screwed in my IB board.

as you can see, there are small gaps round the whole baffle, but im getting a few tubes of liquid nails to sort that all out. got some metal brackets up top that hold alot of the weight, and i got six or so screws going thru the metal skin of the floor there for some extra support [and yes i got under the car and looked, they are fine] the liquid nails will hold onto those screws for alot of added strength [think rebar in concrete].

n47191.jpg

n46zbd.jpg

here are my new 5 channel MEMPHIS 17' FLAT RIBBON interconnects - awesome awesome wires for under $20 - they are so easy to install under carpet and crap its unbelieveable. thats the right side speakier wires and remote line as well. and a ton of caulk sealing it all up

n48vtc.jpg

heres the driver side rear deck area - both 1\0 runs. one is power and one is ground - the ground is connected to one of the bolts for the rear strut up there, and the power goes all the way up to the engine, and two more speaker lines for the driver side mid\horn. and again, tons of caulk.

n48weg.jpg

tomrrow i get my [temporary] crossover - got it real cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

crossover2.jpg

Autotek FX-5A 5-way crossover

12dB per octave, 2nd order butterworth, 3v outputs

input 1: High Pass: 1K-8KHz

input 1: bandpass} High Pass: 90-1kHz ; Low Pass: 1K-8KHz

input 2: bandpass} High Pass: 90-1KHz ; Low Pass: 1K-8KHz

input 2: Low Pass: 90-1KHz

input 2: Low Pass: 40-90Hz
thats all for now. i should have more stuff for you all tomrrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

enjoy your superbowl weekend!

lol thanks for all the posative critism everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i got a lot of work done today, for some reason i was ambitious! so i got my router bits all sorted out, cut some IDQ holes [ IDQ15's are 6 15\16" mounting radius for those of you who are interested ]. i then rounded one side off with a 3\4" roundover bit and then i moved my wires from the floor of the trunk, up the sides of the rear seat area behind little inserts and thru the rear deck into the trunk from eaither side. i caulked the areas that were open up there [i ran out of caulk, i need to seal up two or three other small areas], and i screwed in my IB board.

as you can see, there are small gaps round the whole baffle, but im getting a few tubes of liquid nails to sort that all out. got some metal brackets up top that hold alot of the weight, and i got six or so screws going thru the metal skin of the floor there for some extra support [and yes i got under the car and looked, they are fine] the liquid nails will hold onto those screws for alot of added strength [think rebar in concrete].

n47191.jpg

n46zbd.jpg

here are my new 5 channel MEMPHIS 17' FLAT RIBBON interconnects - awesome awesome wires for under $20 - they are so easy to install under carpet and crap its unbelieveable. thats the right side speakier wires and remote line as well. and a ton of caulk sealing it all up

n48vtc.jpg

heres the driver side rear deck area - both 1\0 runs. one is power and one is ground - the ground is connected to one of the bolts for the rear strut up there, and the power goes all the way up to the engine, and two more speaker lines for the driver side mid\horn. and again, tons of caulk.

n48weg.jpg

tomrrow i get my [temporary] crossover - got it real cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

crossover2.jpg

thats all for now. i should have more stuff for you all tomrrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

enjoy your superbowl weekend!
you talk about caulk alot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif lookin good though... so your actually not going to be running full range anymore? its gonna sound sweet:up2somet:

yea, if ya read it - im getting some liquid nails tomrrow and gonna go round the whole thing with it. and then whatever is left im gonna caulk shut.

thats what they usually do though take off the trim peices you will go blah lol some guys go with clean lines no trim peices and think its better yet it never looks finished

looking good, now get back to work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

expanding foam and resin are your friend...
expanding foam and resin are way to permanent my friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nope, i will be using less permanent means of getting just as sturdy end result.

I've really been interested in the IDQ's lately and was wondering how the lows sound. Also, I was gonna seal them obviously and was wondering if they would sound better pointed to the front or the back of the car?

I've really been interested in the IDQ's lately and was wondering how the lows sound. Also, I was gonna seal them obviously and was wondering if they would sound better pointed to the front or the back of the car?
lows sound amazing. no distortion at all [for me at least] and no mechanical noise. they dont get SUPER loud, well they werent made to. but they lows sound awesome. i cant wait to hear them IB. they extend really high and are extremly clean and have a really fast transient response. never got hung up on any fast drumbeats.

as for the pointing, thats somthing that is different with every vehicle, so i suggest you test that out yourself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

You done with this yet?

One day I will drive something not SUV related and am wanting to do an IB install.

Done yet?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.