going from sealed to ported

Participant count
  • Participant list

tsupra98
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
waco, tx
so i know there's no real way of knowing but i'm just wondering what everyone would think. so i have a kicker 15" L5 and i'm pushing with a zx750.1 and with a sealed box that only has 1.5 cu ft i'm hitting a 140.6. i'm going to build a ported box with about 5.5 cu ft tuned to right around 35 to 40 hz. any idea on how much db i'll gain??

and if it matters i drive an acura integra

Well

From my limited experience playing with the square subs they are much much more fond of a ported box. You will see a pretty good increase in output, how much we cant tell you. Just do it and find out.

Random guess of 3.5db, just for the hell of it ha

With an L5, you should gain a very noticeable increase in output. 5.5 cu.ft. seems a tad large, though.

140.6 is a pretty good score with the setup you're currently running, btw.

5.5 is to big for that try around 3.5
well i called and talked to kicker that they said either a 6.5 cu ft box or a 5.5 cu ft box with they port they gave me would be best. i believe they port they gave me would have tuned it to 40 hz or so.

is that 140.6 on a tl?
no i'm not sure what meter this was. and it wasn't legal either i had my door open but the meter was on the dash. i do know this meter is really close though. i think it's only .2 off i'm just not sure which way. but that wasn't with a bass cd or anything. i believe it hit that on the song my girls got a girlfriend

With an L5, you should gain a very noticeable increase in output. 5.5 cu.ft. seems a tad large, though.
140.6 is a pretty good score with the setup you're currently running, btw.
thanks i was pretty shocked when i hit that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.