this might be a bad idea....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Etac
10+ year member

Angry Bunny Killer
Jersey
2jbjzf5.jpg

first, i didnt have photoshop on this comp and make fun of my drawing all you want.. this is all you're getting with paint... and they are far from scale.. fail i know.. make a motivator out of it

anyway my idea involves building a horn based box, even tho i dont think its a true "horn" and im sure its not that original

ok, if youll notice, the first box i drew is based off the wicked one box.. (search google if you havent heard of it) and just being used as an example for my question...

now would the box on the right... was a result of me being bored and drawing on a piece of paper..... i know the math would have to be worked out... but assuming it was... would building a chamber in front of the sealed woofer... angled inwards.. to match the correct throat diameter.. and then split into 2 chambers (instead of one like the first diagram) basically be the same principle, and actually yield positve results.. or a huge waste of time?

and also another noob question to make sure.. say the throat length needed was 1.75 inches (marked A) ... now if you split the throat into two like the box on the right... would they each need to be 1.75 inches or would they each need to be .875 inches (marked B)...?

What do you mean by length A and B? I see them in the drawing but I think you're actually talking about the throat cross sectional area.

If that is what you're asking, then I will say that it depends on the desired upper cutoff frequency and it will depend on the coupling volume (volume of air between the speaker and the throat) of both enclosures.

Even with all things equal, you would be left with a pretty inefficient horn with the second drawing unless you coupled the two volume velocities of the two lines to make the mouth one surface instead of two. I think it would be a pretty bad idea unless perfectly implemented and I think that with the same total volume, you could achieve the same thing with possibly better results with your first drawing.

yeah i knew it would have to be perfect in order for it to work, i was just messin around ... thanks for your input..

and yes the letters were supposed to be closer to the throat... stupid paint kept erasing my drawing if i put the letter too close lol and not towards the middle..

lol i still gotta reinstall photoshop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.