Going Brazilian

[quote name='Jeffdachef']@Boomsday @TaylorFade

So I know not to wire brazilians lower than their rated impedance. However, Currently I might get a deal on two ascendant audio 18 D1s but their actual impedance is .7 ohms. Would that damage the amp in any way if thats the actual impedance?[/QUOTE]
The drop to .7 would cause the damage depending how long it stays at that ohm rating.

Theres some people who have tried it.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

The drop to .7 would cause the damage depending how long it stays at that ohm rating.
Theres some people who have tried it.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
thats what i was afraid of. While i do have pretty high box rise, I really dont wanna risk it with the track records of these Brazilians

[quote name='Jeffdachef']@Boomsday @TaylorFade

So I know not to wire brazilians lower than their rated impedance. However, Currently I might get a deal on two ascendant audio 18 D1s but their actual impedance is .7 ohms. Would that damage the amp in any way if thats the actual impedance?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "their actual impedance"?

Each coil reads .7 thats all. My hdc3s are d1 and is right at 1 ohm on the multi meter. Thats with 0 resistance on my prongs
DMM's read DC resistance. Impedance is AC and frequency dependent.

The impedance assigned to coils (Znom) is derived from Zmin.

Basically... if they say it's a D1... it's a D1. Regardless of what your DMM says.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.