Going back to stock doors?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
So I’ve always thought more speakers better. I’m learning less is more. My question is I have a 07 trailblazer and before I start building new pods/door panels should I just mod and mount the 4 pwx8s in the factory 6.5 locations with a little modding? I know I’ll have to make custom mounts due to the pwx8 depth. If I do this will they keep up on a 1100.4 with two x18s on two twisted 1.8ks? @Jeffdachef figured instead of pm yeah maybe tag ya lol. I’m over not having leg room and since I’ve sold my pwx 6.5s and down to 4 8s I can get factory panels from scrap yard for like 25$. It’s just with a 8 year old and wife I’m driving my truck more and more and going away from big bad doors to just wanting loud with minimal space taken up. That and would be cool do have a sleeper mids/highs set up

it'll be fine if you have some A pillar mids to cover the upper midrange which the pwx is lacking on. But honestly you probably wont even notice it. so just go for it man, upgrade later if needed.

Cool. I just been down the door pod road and finerglassing suuuuuuuucks. Gonna hook a local guy up with my current panels for the low price of free for some good karma. And I have two channels on a ct 75.4 to play with and 6 quarts of resin. What would be some decent a pillar speakers 20-30$ each or so?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.