going active on 860mp with mbquart comps

Yeah, it was connect right.
wait, this was back then though. I didn't have an amp on them back then. I now have a amp hooked up on them and it's at regular mode now with the crossovers connected. Could it just be that it was missing an amp?

What?? You can't use NW mode without an amp. Put the headunit on NW mode and use amps with NO passive xovers.

Okay, I only did one side to try it. The problem still exists. But I found the problem. It seems that my tweeter and my 6.5 woofer are acting as one. Nothing happens when I adjust the mids on my 860. But when I adjust the highs, it adjust both the tweeter and my 6.5 woofer. How do I make it so it won't adjust them as one?

NO!!!!!

To go active, you'll need to give each mid and each tweeter it's own amp channel. You have to have a 4 channel amp.

You need to consult the owner's manual. Usually you use the fronts for the tweeters and the rears for the mids, but this can vary.

What?? You can't use NW mode without an amp. Put the headunit on NW mode and use amps with NO passive xovers.
Actually you can with that deck. The front wires become high and the rear wires become mid. It wouldn't be enough power to reach full potential but can be done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.