GMOS-04 w/AVIC D3 install, volume control to low and subs sound like crap

Participant count
  • Participant list

fox_forma
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Not sure if this belongs here or in the HU section but its a mix of both I guess.

Its been a while since I ran my D3 in my truck due to switching back to my stock set-up when I planned on selling it but after installing it again I have a few questions. My subs sound like complete crap. I bought a brand new RCA harness before I re-installed the unit but they sound very muddy and crappy. Something else I did that was dumb was forgot to adjust the gain controls on the Axxess GMOS-04 adapter that is needed for my truck (03 Silverado SS). Basically with the volume on the unit at 35 it is semi loud but should be much louder. I am going to rip my dash apart Friday to do that adjustment but since the sub output RCA's are on the same harness yet run directly to the amp would this have the affect I am getting with the crappy output going on to the subs? When i was running stock HU with Bose and PAC GMOS-24 harness it would shake everything in the truck. The system consists of two Diamond Audio D3's and Cadence Z9000 amp pushing 800wrms @ 4ohms. Since it sounded fine before I put the D3 back in I am hoping the interface on the harness might have a roll in my issues but not sure because the SUB RCA's aren't connected to the interface at all.

I also wanted to know, where should I set the volume on the D3 through the interface. What is the norm for volume control. Should it be loud at 20 and tech max at 30-35ish etc.

Hope someone can shed some light because I don't feel like undoing the whole install because I have this thing strapped in to several spots so my HU can't get stolen again.

I appreciate the advise on access ******* but that didn't really answer my question. With the Axxess interface in place will it have any effect on the RCA sub outputs directly off the D3? The regular speakers in the truck sound fine, i just have to adjust the output through the interface. its the sub output that sounds like crap and I don't know if it has anything to do with the Axxess since the sub output is its own RCA's directly off the unit going to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.