Getting too much Bass out of the door speakers...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys, I just got my door speakers installed. No amp just straight off the deck til I can get everything else I need. But I seem to be getting too much bass out of them. I have Kicker KS600 speakers for the doors and my deck is a Pioneer DEH-150MP. Just 2 speakers 1 for each door. The Pioneer deck has a built in 50 watt mosfet amp. So I should be getting about 25 rms to each speaker. I've been trying like hell to tune them to have a little more treble and mids. But no matter what I do it just seems like I can't get it out of them. Sure I can take the loudness out of them and turn bass boost off... but it seems like all of that just makes the speakers a little quieter.. it doesnt actually bring out the mids and highs like it should. Would this be a problem with my deck not equalizing them right or just the speakers? Any suggestions on anything else I can try before getting a different deck or speakers?

I'm fixing to put 2 10" apline subs in behind the seats.. if I dont get this problem worked out I wont be able to hear anything but bass lol.

Hey guys, I just got my door speakers installed. No amp just straight off the deck til I can get everything else I need. But I seem to be getting too much bass out of them. I have Kicker KS600 speakers for the doors and my deck is a Pioneer DEH-150MP. Just 2 speakers 1 for each door. The Pioneer deck has a built in 50 watt mosfet amp. So I should be getting about 25 rms to each speaker. I've been trying like hell to tune them to have a little more treble and mids. But no matter what I do it just seems like I can't get it out of them. Sure I can take the loudness out of them and turn bass boost off... but it seems like all of that just makes the speakers a little quieter.. it doesnt actually bring out the mids and highs like it should. Would this be a problem with my deck not equalizing them right or just the speakers? Any suggestions on anything else I can try before getting a different deck or speakers?
I'm fixing to put 2 10" apline subs in behind the seats.. if I dont get this problem worked out I wont be able to hear anything but bass lol.
Lack of power and distortion in signal and bad user tuning. The head unit can make B*llshit claims all it wants but no head unit on the market makes more then 10-12 actual watts a channel. Loudness distorts the signal and bass boost overly saturates the bass signal even more, turn them off unless you want blown speakers. The best solution here is to get a proper amp.

There should be a high pass filter option on your head unit, turn it on. It reduces the bass frequencies going to your mids. Turn loudness off, bass boost off. EQ flat, raise the head unit volume very high and then only use the EQ to cut the frequencies you dont like. EQ is there for cutting never boosting.

Thanks for the info. I'll shop for an amp for them. And the High pass filter has a lot of different frequencies it can be tuned to. Where should I put it if I primarily listen to rock? Thanks

i have the pioneer x4600bt and i dont have my amp hooked up to my door speakers (KICKER 40CS654 6-1/2" 2-way) yet but i have my headunits HPF set at 200hz and i get hardly no bass from them until i get my amp hooked up if that helps you any

i have the pioneer x4600bt and i dont have my amp hooked up to my door speakers (KICKER 40CS654 6-1/2" 2-way) yet but i have my headunits HPF set at 200hz and i get hardly no bass from them until i get my amp hooked up if that helps you any
he listens to rock, kinda needs the midbass kick to sound halfway decent. between 80-200hz

80-100hz already cuts out the low sub bass enough to reduce distortion and maintain clarity and midbass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.