Getting sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

joker0907
10+ year member

Joker
indiana
Just wanted to post everything I am thinking about getting for my truck before I buy to see if there is something I am missing or a better buy I could get.

Head Unit already have Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS

Front speakers: I was thinking either CT Sounds 6.5 Comps or either of the JBL comps JBL CLUB6500C, JBL-GTO609C. Either way Trying to spend less that $100

Amp: Precision Power 900.5, wanted one amp for highs and sub Precision Power P900.5 900-Watt Phantom Series Class D Full Range 5-Channel Amplifier

Box: Not much of a choice here, can't find anyone that builds them for a Extended cab truck so prefab cheapness it is.

Subwoofer: JBL CS1214

Basically just trying to add some sound to my truck that has pretty much every speaker sounding like mud right now. I don't have much of a budget but I think this should do for what I am looking for. Obviously if I am missing something or completely wrong about getting something please give me your thoughts.

hold off on the speakers and just add the head unit, amp and sub. Keep the stock speakers for now, the head unit and amp will turn them into completely different monsters.

Save up for an extra good set of front components later on along with door treatments.

hold off on the speakers and just add the head unit, amp and sub. Keep the stock speakers for now, the head unit and amp will turn them into completely different monsters.
Save up for an extra good set of front components later on along with door treatments.
No choice, speakers are completely blown. I am actually fading everything to the back right now because of how bad they sound. I bought the JBL Club speakers, luckily with amazon prime I can return anything in 2 weeks if I don't like them, but with the tight budget I have right now they will probably do for now. I am not looking for anything perfect, just want to be able to hear music without muffled sound or having to turn the volume up to the max with the windows down.

Thanks for that link. I thought I checked them once before and they told me they didn't offer tan, but it may have been someone else.
Yeah, I hear you. They probably said that because it's not going to be a great match for your carpet. Do it anyway, they do awesome work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.