getting some really LOUD engine noise in my subs!

Keep looking for a noise free ground point. If you cannot find one Run a 4awg wire from your ground point to negetive battery post. This will make up for any resistances in the chasiss ground path. If longer than 10ft use 2 awg power and ground cables.

I went to Wallmart and got a Scosche Ground Loop Isolator, hooked it up, and my sub bearly moved. It was almost as if it wasnt even on at all. Did the GRI kill that much of my signal to do something like that?

P.S. I have a dub3 hooked up to a JBL600.1

A G.L.I. would only make things worse. You need a good path for the juice to flow back to the battery. any resistance in the wire or connecters will make it easier for noise enter your system.

Originally posted by indosia A G.L.I. would only make things worse. You need a good path for the juice to flow back to the battery. any resistance in the wire or connecters will make it easier for noise enter your system.
ground loop isolators do not make things worse IF they are of proper quality. There isn't much current in a signal

Originally posted by blaupunk I went to Wallmart and got a Scosche Ground Loop Isolator, hooked it up, and my sub bearly moved. It was almost as if it wasnt even on at all. Did the GRI kill that much of my signal to do something like that?

P.S. I have a dub3 hooked up to a JBL600.1
it shouldn't KILL the signal. IT can reduce the frequency range that is outputed on the other side of it IF it's not of good quality.---------did the noise stop??

Originally posted by chris229 it shouldn't KILL the signal. IT can reduce the frequency range that is outputed on the other side of it IF it's not of good quality.---------did the noise stop??
Na, the noise was still there. but you would have to put your ear right next to the sub to hear it. What else can i do? THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by blaupunk  

Na, the noise was still there. but you would have to put your ear right next to the sub to hear it. What else can i do? THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when the amp whined when on the battery were you using the gender connectors??

it could simply be your h/u, i had horrible noise with my Rockfordfuzzgate head unit....i tried everything nothing worked....but as soon as i put my Alpine in i havent had a problem since.....but, i have had this work before...try running a small wire from the metal chassis of your h/u to the metal chassis of your amp, i used to have horrible noise in my old car with my R/F amps....i did that and it went away....

I have also seen the output stage on amps and hu's fry causing noise.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.