Getting ready for new system...some help?

Mystral Hawk
10+ year member

Hey guys long time reader here. I'm getting fed up with my Infinities and I am looking to upgrade. I upgraded my stock speakers with Infinity Reference components about a year ago and I just cant stand the tweeters and the lack of mid bass. The tweeters are harsh and like to belt out the highs (even though they're silk.)

Anyways, I have a few questions and maybe some assistance on some new gear.

For components I am thinking of the following...

Speakers (one of the following)

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS

Oz Audio Oz 180CS

Orion HCCA-6.2

Rainbow CMX 265 Kick

Crossover

A Memphis Active Crossover

2 Channel

Hifonics TXi 4006 A/B 2 channel Amp.

This is it for now, as time progresses I will continue to change out other items like my rear speakers and my sub. Also I was thinking about changing my headunit. Not that any thing is wrong with mine, maybe I'll keep it but if you guys have any recommendations that will be better for this purpose it'll be appreciated. As of now I have an old Pioneer DEH-4800MP.

Now for my main question...

I hear great things about the pioneer components, but they are 6-3/4" and my car uses 6.5". Will I be able to fit the Pioneers into a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan? If modification, what will need to be done to have them fit without issues?

If it helps, I listen to a lot of Rock (Muse, Radiohead, some Indy stuff,) some rap (Outkast and some others,) Industrial (NIN,) and some classical sometimes. Im looking for something that has a full warm bodied sound and sounds relatively natural. The infinities just arent cutting it... So thanks in advance and hope to hear from you guys soon!

You can fit them just need to make baffles which you should anyways. I have some high-end equipment for sale for an active set-up if you are interested, PM me.

So I guess Ill need to figure out a 4 channel amp then. Since I am new to running an active setup, do you guys have any recommendations on readings so that I can educate myself? That way I'll know what I'm doing?

I figured out that I want to go with the Pioneer Premiers I reckon.

Now to figure out a 4 channel amp and a decent cross over?

Also will my headunit support an active crossover network?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.