getting new battery suggestions?

Kadori
10+ year member

im going to get a new battery some time in the next week here, seeing as cold is approaching and the old one is pretty much coughing up blood. it only has to put up with a 900rms amp and 2 farad cap.. oh and all that car stuff. i was wondering what ca.com recommends?

oreily has agm batts for 150 that are rebadged deka

or if you are looking for a group 31 or group 34 sams club has an amazing deal on duracell agm batteries that are rebadged deka for 99 for the 34 and 159 for the 31.

ive got a hc2k from kinetik that has lived strong under the hood for sometime now, idk if thats outta your budget or not.. you could always get a smaller one, maybe the 1800, i know xs powers d series are nice, and their new xp series are specifically for secondary batteries, if thats what your going for

so sears diehard, is mostly what im hearing, though how big should it be? its an '02 accord, my engine bay is interchangeable with the V6 model so i have plenty of space up front

if the fourm says dump the cap then its gone.

No.. Don't DUMP the cap.. Just DON"T use it as a band-aid.. Caps are great at stablizing vehicle voltage.. Especially if you use it specifically for ur Sub amp.. I've had a lot of luck with Optima yellow top batts (D34/78).. they give you a maintenance free batt with plenty of reserve(for about $175), and If u use it in conjunction with, big 3 upgrade, and the appropriate cap, a,la 2 farad in ur case), you'll be good.. The debate on caps in this forum is neverending.. a place for everything and everything in its place.. You CAN'T depend on cap in place of H.O. alt, proper wire gauge and batts, BUT, in addition to them they're an excellent source for quick bursts of juice.. Bring on the haters..

No.. Don't DUMP the cap.. Just DON"T use it as a band-aid.. Caps are great at stablizing vehicle voltage.. Especially if you use it specifically for ur Sub amp.. I've had a lot of luck with Optima yellow top batts (D34/78).. they give you a maintenance free batt with plenty of reserve(for about $175), and If u use it in conjunction with, big 3 upgrade, and the appropriate cap, a,la 2 farad in ur case), you'll be good.. The debate on caps in this forum is neverending.. a place for everything and everything in its place.. You CAN'T depend on cap in place of H.O. alt, proper wire gauge and batts, BUT, in addition to them they're an excellent source for quick bursts of juice.. Bring on the haters..
........even the addition of a small $100( or less) AGM such as a Kinetik HC 600 (850 amps)has more juice on demand than 50 of those 2 Farad caps and probably in a much smaller footprint...IMO, A cap is about as useful as tits on a Boar.

You could hit up your local battery shop and see if they've got some blemished DEKA's. That's what we do over here in the 502 on the cheaps. Its funny that everyone that I know whom does audio in the Louisville area has the same batteries. Blems usually run 50-80 and come with a DEKA warranty.

........even a small $100 AGM such as a Kinetik HC 600 (850 amps)has more juice on demand than 50 of those 2 Farad caps and probably in a much smaller footprint...IMO, A cap is about as useful as tits on a Boar.
HOWEVER, the Kinetic hc600 is actually a battery, not a cap, correct? running 2 diff batts in parallel is a fundamental no no.. Im not preaching, i'm asking..?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.