Getting Loud?

devster

What exactly does term getting loud or loud system mean? How is it different then SQ or other terms? If a system sounds flat at low volume but has decent bass at higher levels whats that called?

I understand these question are open for some fun or bashing,,,,just be prepared for a whoppin!!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I guess it's all relative. My windshield is cracked and i have no rear view mirror any more. Thats loud to me. To some one else it might be 100 watts making their stock system twice as loud as it was before /shrug.

I just put my 15" Diamond Audio d9 in a friends car today with my concept 2400 amp in 3^3 sealed. It was real loud and sounded great. I should have took a vid of the excursion and it jumping tools up off the roof.

its more of an opinion, what ppl perceive as loud can be 135db or can be 145db same with that ppl think sound good, some ppl like higher bass and some like lower bass. like myself i like for my peak freq to be like 40-45hz, some ppl like 50hz+

What exactly does term getting loud or loud system mean? How is it different then SQ or other terms? If a system sounds flat at low volume but has decent bass at higher levels whats that called?

I understand these question are open for some fun or bashing,,,,just be prepared for a whoppin!!!!
I think it might depend on your prefrence, dont get me wrong I love loud bass but my priority would have to be loud highs and mids(just mainly cause i listen to lots of spanish music that has minimal bass)

I guess what I'm getting at is my system has no bass at low volumes. My girlfriends stock corolla has a nice little bit of bass when the volumes turned down low although turn it up and it sounds like a popcorn fart. What am I missin??

I guess what I'm getting at is my system has no bass at low volumes. My girlfriends stock corolla has a nice little bit of bass when the volumes turned down low although turn it up and it sounds like a popcorn fart. What am I missin??
Sounds like your missing properly set gains...what you runnin' in your car?

it sounds like your cranking a crappy stock stereo to fully clipped signal.

Head unit- Alpine IVA-W200

4 channel Amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Bass Amp- Power Acoustic LT 980-2 (((eeeeeewwwwwww))

Front Doors- Clarion SRR6985 6x9

Clarion seperateTweeters

Rear Doors- Clarion 6 1/2" SRR1686

Subs 2x 10" Rockford Fosgate P210

It's all pretty basic entry level stuff. Specially the sub amp, might even be bottom of the barrel but has pretty good sound quality at louder levels with-in reason.

To me loudness means enough volume that I am able to clearly perceive the details in the music. For me it's kind of secondary to the real objective.

What it sounds to me like you're trying to say is your sub volume is not rising in as linnear of a manner as the volume of your mid/high speakers. The loudness issue with some of your speakers and not others is causing a frequency response problem. It's a level-setting issue. Either your gain is set too conservatively on the sub amp, too aggresively on the mid/high amp, or else everything is set perfectly but you just have a stronger front stage than your sub stage and the 4 channel needs to be attenuated.

I have an Alpine 4 volt(supposedly) HU and an Alpine sub amp. The DMM indicates I have to set the gains counterintuitively high on the sub amp for everything to be good to go. I thought I was doing something wrong but it sounded clean. Then I read up and found out some Alpine head units seem to have weaker sub outputs. Alot of people have to really crank the gains to get things loud enough and they think it must mean their amp is underrated but that may not be the case. Make sure the sub amp's gain is set right first, then re-check the 4 channel's gain, then start slowly backing off a tiny bit on the mid/high amp to see if you can get the volume on both to rise at the same rate.

Head unit- Alpine IVA-W2004 channel Amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Bass Amp- Power Acoustic LT 980-2 (((eeeeeewwwwwww))

Front Doors- Clarion SRR6985 6x9

Clarion seperateTweeters

Rear Doors- Clarion 6 1/2" SRR1686

Subs 2x 10" Rockford Fosgate P210

It's all pretty basic entry level stuff. Specially the sub amp, might even be bottom of the barrel but has pretty good sound quality at louder levels with-in reason.
check your gain on the amp. is it set correctly with DMM ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.