Getting frustrated about Corolla alternator, need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

wesleysh
10+ year member

Senior VIP w/large Member
Michigan
I am having the hardest time trying to upgrade the alternator for my Toyota Corolla. Be it just rewound or brand new I keep running into snags. So far nobody actually rewinds alternators in my area, or they are at least not admitting to it. Even had one guy tell me that Toyota's are already wound as much as they could be, and if I had an American car it would be no problem. I just got a new alternator a few months ago, AC Delco, does the Toyota factor still matter? I know that it's a 70 amp alt that tested out at 81.

Then I said screw it, I'll just buy a new one with high output. Can't find anything above the 70 amps that I have for my car. What am I to do, and are there other options for me? I'm running two PPI amps, total of 1250 watts @ 12V. Any help would be much appreciated.

What you need to do is find a online place call them and send your stator in to them. As far as the stators are wound as far as they can go I dont think thats true considering I have seen hundreds of Toyotas that have hella huge systems in it. But maybe its true and I guess you could adapt another alternator to it in some way I dont know this confuses me I will get into contact with a couple of guys I know that own a corrla and give ya some answers.

with all this talk about alternators, i have a question... would the alternator in my '91 cadillac be safe running the jbl 1200.1? i'm still heavily considering getting a cap in the near future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.