Getting First Subwoofer - Advice?

Would this enclosure from Dave the Box Guy be sufficient?
Small:

Net box volume (after port displacement and avg. sub displacement of .12ft3): 1.5ft3 net volume

Overall dimensions: 29"w x 14.5"h x 13" d

Tuning: 33hz

or

Medium:

Net box volume (after port displacement and avg. sub displacement of .12ft3): 1.85ft3 net volume

Overall dimensions: 29.5"w x 14.5"h x 14" d

Tuning: 32hz
Between the two i would definitely choose the medium option as someone stated the XL is a rather large sub. Btw the tantric hd is another great sub option lol

I've already swapped choices about 4 or 5 times already, haha.

I'm going to wait and see what double 07 says about building me an enclosure.

I don't know what to expect since this is my first subwoofer and nobody I know is interested in car audio.

Even if I have to temporarily under power my sub, do you think I would still be surprised by the result?

I've seen a few subs on less power that were most likely cheaper and thought they were loud but looking at these people with crazy setup's on YouTube had really gave me a completely different perspective on the word "loud".

If you've never had subs, and get anything that's being recommended to you, you'll be very happy.

^^ This is a short video of The Black Nasty. The owner (forgot his name) is the only guy on team SoundQubed. 6 15" HDC4. Each sub has its own Q1-3500. He hits 160 db. The truck is a GMC Sierra

I've already swapped choices about 4 or 5 times already, haha.I'm going to wait and see what double 07 says about building me an enclosure.

I don't know what to expect since this is my first subwoofer and nobody I know is interested in car audio.

Even if I have to temporarily under power my sub, do you think I would still be surprised by the result?

I've seen a few subs on less power that were most likely cheaper and thought they were loud but looking at these people with crazy setup's on YouTube had really gave me a completely different perspective on the word "loud".
The Tantric HDs are highly efficient subs. They would make do with whatever amp you have, and will really wake up on about 2k rms

remember that the power rating isn't a requirement, just a recommendation for a formidable amount of output //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The Tantric HDs are highly efficient subs. They would make do with whatever amp you have, and will really wake up on about 2k rms
remember that the power rating isn't a requirement, just a recommendation for a formidable amount of output //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Or I could save for a little while longer and grab a DD 9512i for around $800, and pair it with a Q1-2200D since the RMS is only 800w-1600w.

Op I wouldn't go with a dd sub. Cost to much for an average sub. If you want a dc or the tantric I can help you. I can also help you with the box I know and talk to 007 a lot. The box would be $200 shipped from him I know this for sure and can arrange that to

Or I could save for a little while longer and grab a DD 9512i for around $800, and pair it with a Q1-2200D since the RMS is only 800w-1600w.
That would be a nice setup. But you can get just as loud for cheaper. DD is expensive. But I'll admit I do want some DDs someday.

That would be a nice setup. But you can get just as loud for cheaper. DD is expensive. But I'll admit I do want some DDs someday.
Have some and ran them for a couple years. Also was a dealer for them for 5 years. Over rated

Op I wouldn't go with a dd sub. Cost to much for an average sub. If you want a dc or the tantric I can help you. I can also help you with the box I know and talk to 007 a lot. The box would be $200 shipped from him I know this for sure and can arrange that to
Alright sir. It'll be more reasonable to go this route anyway. The other responses swayed my opinion very quickly.

How much do the Tantric HDs cost and how do they compare to the DC XLs?

Actually not a fair question. Since the xl is a 2000 rms sub and the hd is a 1500 rms sub. But the hd is a SQL sub where the dc is more of a spl sub. The tantric lives a larger box where the dc a smaller box The hd is $375 shipped and a 2-3 week build time. The xl $425 and also a 2-3 week build time. These prices are thru me only tho

I'll probably go with the Tantric then since I don't need to push as much wattage to it.

Where do I go about buying these from?

and I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive help with the enclosure as I am clueless when it comes to this.

I'll probably go with the Tantric then since I don't need to push as much wattage to it.Where do I go about buying these from?

and I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive help with the enclosure as I am clueless when it comes to this.
You can buy them thru me. I'm a rep. As far as a box. Are you going to build it. Or do you need one built and shipped to you ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.