getting a new car and have some questions

306stang
10+ year member

just sold my truck and looking to get an 06 Cadillac STS V8.

does anyone have any build logs for this generation caddy?

does the factory nav/radio have an aux output for the amp or do i need an loc?

i've heard that this caddy is sealed up pretty well and seats are pretty thick making it difficult to do anything worth a **** in the trunk. granted i've got two 10" re se d4's with a us amps md1. any truth to this?

good deal, thanks for the help.

someone from another forum recommended that i add a crossover to boost the signal. if i don't the trunk and rear seats are sealed up so well that without a crossover it would be a waste of time.

sound about right?

subs would be one or two 10" re se d4's with a us amp md1.

looking for something with a little more frequency than that.

i'm setup, or was, for sq. i love the kick it gives but rap doesn't sound that great. new setup would be sql, ideally.

on to the next question -

not sure what to call it, i consider a "wall" for aesthetics. this . . .

i plan on using a piece of black Corian. question is how to secure it. do you fasten it to the box or fasten it to some part of the trunk?

on to the next question -

not sure what to call it, i consider a "wall" for aesthetics. this . . .

Security-Cover-Removed.jpg

i plan on using a piece of black Corian. question is how to secure it. do you fasten it to the box or fasten it to some part of the trunk?

that wont sound worth a ****. How do you expect sound to get into the cabin if the subs are sealed off facing the trunk? Your best bet would be to chop the rear deck up and to fire the subs and port up through that, sealed towards the cabin.

does make sense. i just figured the port was in the back towards the seat.

i had planned on porting through the rear seat. there is an opening back there, i guess for "skies" or something

1000 watts rms in subs should do nice (ported of course) for effect sealed if it sound better to you and some thing that will let you adjust the freqncies

unless you dont wana be bangin then somthin small like 600 rms

don't think i want to do a bandpass, probably just ported.

i've got some ideas that involve making the box out of Corian. i will def take pics if it turns out well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.