Getting 1st System.

Perplex

Ohio
I know jack **** about car audio, so I figured I would try to ask some people that know a lot more than me xD

I drive a 94 jeep wrangler so there isen't a lot of room to put a decent box. I was going to get..

16-MCA300 - Memphis 150 x 2 ClassAB Full Range Amplifier

15-PR15D4 - Memphis 15" DVC Subwoofer

KD-R600 - JVC AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with Front Auxiliary and USB input

Only 1 15" sub, and a custom box to put it in the "trunk."

It's going to be around 750 for all of that plus the intallation/wiring.

Opinions, Suggestions, Etc?

Note: Not buying from that site, or those prices but it was easy just to use one site to link them all.

EDIT: 750, not 650

Last edited by a moderator:
a 15 wont fit, i think my friend had a 10" kicker l7 and thats the biggest he could fit in the "trunk", but then again his was a 04 wrangler sahara edition

If you are dead set on a 15, go to wooferetc.com and check out the mb quart rwe 352. They are around $100 a sub and will work in 1.5 cubes sealed and take 700rms. Great sq subs with enough output to keep most people happy.

Hell one of those, a custom sealed box and a decent 700 watt amp and a hu should be well under 650 and would smash that memphis.

No. That's not worth $650.

Look at this instead:

cd player:

Clarion CZ509

SBHcorp.com - CLARION CZ509 CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver & USB Port,CZ-509

$174

This Clarion unit has some nice options, upgrade possibilities and 6v outputs.

subwoofer:

DC Level 4 12" (2 ohm dvc)

DC Audio - Woofers

Phone: (775)-425-5700

We're not supposed to post prices on the public forum, but I will say that it fits your budget. Call the phone number and they'll take care of you.

monoblock amplifier:

MB Quart DSC1000.1

Amazon.com: MB Quart DSC1000.1 Discus Series Mono Subwoofer Amplifier 1000 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm (ENGINEERED IN GERMANY): Electronics

$155

This stuff will set you back around $600 and it'll ass rape the Memphis stuff you linked...

No. That's not worth $650.
Look at this instead:

cd player:

Clarion CZ509

SBHcorp.com - CLARION CZ509 CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver & USB Port,CZ-509

$174

This Clarion unit has some nice options, upgrade possibilities and 6v outputs.

subwoofer:

DC Level 4 12" (2 ohm dvc)

DC Audio - Woofers

Phone: (775)-425-5700

We're not supposed to post prices on the public forum, but I will say that it fits your budget. Call the phone number and they'll take care of you.

monoblock amplifier:

MB Quart DSC1000.1

Amazon.com: MB Quart DSC1000.1 Discus Series Mono Subwoofer Amplifier 1000 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm (ENGINEERED IN GERMANY): Electronics

$155

This stuff will set you back around $600 and it'll ass rape the Memphis stuff you linked...
600$ w/o installation or wiring though. But how much better quality will it sound, and last?

I'm gonna write all this down and take a serious look at it.

If you are dead set on a 15, go to wooferetc.com and check out the mb quart rwe 352. They are around $100 a sub and will work in 1.5 cubes sealed and take 700rms. Great sq subs with enough output to keep most people happy.Hell one of those, a custom sealed box and a decent 700 watt amp and a hu should be well under 650 and would smash that memphis.
what do you think of what misfit posted?

If being used just for subs' date=' i recommend a mono amplifier. Less current draw and generally efficient.[/quote']
Any link to one?

Measure the space you're wanting to place the subwoofer and see how much room you have.
It's about 10inches deep, 34.5inches long, and the height it kind of hard to measure due to the seat being at an angle, which I could obviously have it adjusted to sit at a 90degree angle. But height isent much of a concern i assume.

600$ w/o installation or wiring though. But how much better quality will it sound, and last?
I'm gonna write all this down and take a serious look at it.
It's not difficult to install a cd player and amplifier, man. When the time comes, I can walk you through the process step by step.

The DC subwoofer I listed will literally bend over that Memphis you were looking at and penetrate it with no vaseline. By the way, DC subs are hand built in the USA and have a great reputation that's backed by awesome customer service. The MB Quart amplifier is one of the best budget amps on the market at the moment. It'll give you twice the power as the Memphis at half the price. The Clarion cd player I linked has lots of upgrade possibilities as well as the 6v outputs.

The Memphis stuff you were looking at isn't bad by any means, but it's far too expensive for what it is. The DC and MB Quart will sound just as good and be a hell of a lot louder.

If you don't have space for the 12", the sub comes in a 10" model as well...

It's not difficult to install a cd player and amplifier, man. When the time comes, I can walk you through the process step by step.
The DC subwoofer I listed will literally bend over that Memphis you were looking at and penetrate it with no vaseline. The MB Quart amplifier is one of the best budget amps on the market at the moment. It'll give you twice the power as the Memphis at half the price. The Clarion cd player I linked has lots of upgrade possibilities as well as the 6v outputs.

The Memphis stuff you were looking at isn't bad by any means, but it's far too expensive for what it is. The DC and MB Quart will sound just as good and be a hell of a lot louder...
Yeah I just called the DC Audio and it seems pretty sweet. Anyway you can PM me a number or something to get ahold of you for a few questions? If not we can just do it through PM's

Yeah I just called the DC Audio and it seems pretty sweet. Anyway you can PM me a number or something to get ahold of you for a few questions? If not we can just do it through PM's
Hit me up via PM, man. I work at home, so I'm on the forum quite a bit...

Anyone have any input on what Misfit posted for the system I get?

DC Audio is a good brand for a "first system".

I would have gone DC Audio over my Elemental Designs system if I had known about it first. I've sticked with Elemental Designs and spent thousands of dollars on this company just because their **** worked and never failed me (except deadening, but then again, all Deadener = Fail).

So yeah, DC audio would be a great experience. Make sure you have the electrical to support it.

By the way, I guarantee that you will want to upgrade to more power after this first system. I went from dual 12'' 600 watt rms to dual 12'' 1200 watt rms. I"m planning to switch to DC Audio eventually and go dual 12'' Level 4's of 2400 watts rms ^_^

I'm just waiting for a miracle super sale on the subs before I jump to this upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.