Get 'Schooled' About Car Audio

ok, so i made it about 40 min into it, and just got tired of it, sitting through that entire movie even as a noobie would be amazingly boring, but there is good info in there, just hard to watch, and when did IA make a 1k amp that only does 300 rms?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am giving this a bump, i will keep my personal opinions of the presentation to myself. This is something MANY ppl here will benefit from......WATCH IT!
That was the whole point of posting this. While there will always be a little "brand A is better than brand B" the overwhelming majority of time in this video is dedicated to educating people in the core fundamentals of car audio. Yes, the editing could have been better to trim up the run time.

However, just imagine how nice it would be if everyone on this forum actually knew this information.

Here is a quick list (off the top of my head) of things discussed that would benefit many people :

1. Ohms law, and how to use it to plan a system, whether or not you need a bigger alternator, how to wire a system, set amplifier gains, etc.

2. What actually destroys a sub, clipping vs distortion, (that old debate)

3. Crest factor of music and how it applies to car audio (I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a meaningful conversation about that with anyone, in any audio discipline)

4. Capacitors and when, if ever, they should be used.

5. Proper planning and matching of components to achieve a certain goal.

Etc, etc, etc

There really is some very good information in this video that almost anyone in car audio can use.

ok, so i made it about 40 min into it, and just got tired of it, sitting through that entire movie even as a noobie would be amazingly boring, but there is good info in there, just hard to watch, and when did IA make a 1k amp that only does 300 rms?
That's all their 1k amp does.... at 8 ohms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.