get loud for cheap / ghetto blaster burb

Okay brother, I am only on page one and I am extremely entertained by all that I am seeing. I am not an installer but an enthusiast so I love this stuff. I wish I had a huge vehicle like that and a budget haha... I would really like some work on my Touareg but I also don't have all that space! =(
small cars are better / eazier to get loud with than big viechles like mine.

its all about exiting the air within the space of your car. small car - small air space - eazier to exite than same gear in a large air space.

i had a stupid 84 corvette with a ported box 18" sub in the hatch and it was so brutal to sit in. choke you out gag reflex type stuff - and i was a newb back then using medium gear... i was just lucky to find that magic setup. if i could do it all over again - you bet your arse id buy a 2 door car like a 80s / 90s camaro or mustang hatch back and wall that bich off with 4 15s right behind teh drivers seat. it woudl be so brutal to sit in. fourm member odins hammer has a insane build log of a chevy impala with a 4 sub wall right behind the front seats. massive spl says it was the most brutal demo he has ever experienced.

im jelly

wow i forgot to update this thread....

inverted mounting rings - allow the lip at the edege of the basket to perfectly sit in the router groove and be perfectly centered in the opening

why

because its so eazy to mount inverted on a vertical wall and have the sub move around and or mount with a piece of the rubber surround touching the cut out thats a no no big time. could cause coil rock and lead to a blown sub real quick

if i did better planning i could of made this look nicer but i just needed em in and they are all in now. ugh

building inside of an already built box is a re occuring theme in this build i cant shake it. keps happening and it *****.

atomic 5k out

dc 7.5k in

literly no room leftover on my mounting area

ill get those wires zip tied apropriately later - lol i wana hear this thing.

headunit is in finaly ! pioneer 80 prs - i **** at learning headunits if you know of a good video showing how to teach my stupid self all the tricks to setting up the eq slopes apropriately that be great. im running no speakers off the deck - just the 3 sets of rca out tweeter / mids / sub

with headunit set on FLAT eq for the time being i decided to test some and hear the new setup.

sadly

headunit face plate kept falling off because the burb is now so violent inside the whole entire dash is liquid and the floor is literly jumping up and down my center consol boxes are looking like they r on a trampoline. the volume knob on the headunit is no longer capable of turning volume down at full tilt - as you just cant grab the knob in your hand its shaking to badly inside burb.

my last score was 151.2 at 34hz and was much more under control inside the cab at that score. id bet the farm im at least 2 or 3 or more db up the scale now and possibly lower hz peak.

also intresting

by inverting my subs - we gained airspace on the sealed side. between 1.6 and 2.0 cubes total more air space for all 6 subs to share so my best guess is each 18 now has 3 cubes each - maby a hair more 3.1 but probably not more than 3.25 each.

what should this have done ?

lower hz tuning on my sealed side

what did it actually do ?

well by switching sub and amp at the same time its realley a gamble to say this or that because of the 2 major changes at the same time but

there is more upper range bass now. before i felt it dropped off pretty much in the 60 ish hz range - and now it hits the 60s good / better than before

maby even still doing a lil work in the low 70s - the lows however are even further streingthened than before - i can tell because at 35 and under my truck is going bananas inside. used to have liquid steering wheel and mirrors - now the entire dashboard is liquid along with side mirrors actually folding them selves in to the truck - thats never happened before - and kinda ***** you need mirrors in a wall build. the floor of the burb is looking like a trampoline - and smokers refrence it was extremely hard to hold a lit cigarette between my 2 fingers the bass was just shaking so violently i was afraid i couldnt hold it and it would drop and burn something .... so yeah - dont smoke ok its bad for you.

i lost my phone the other day - got a back up - but did not use i cloud so my contacts r gone.

gota find tony from mild n wild to go back to his shop and see what new numbers i can put up on the tl.

positive run from front battery to rear battery bank poped a 300 amp fuze at the rear fuze block.

amps sounded funny by the time i checked with dmm voltage was 12.5 at rear bank - and reading 15.1 up front still

lol

this is why you NEED a voltage guage hooked up to your rear bank. it makes no good if your front voltage is hooked to the guage and you have no idea your amp is in 12v terratory unless you have trained ears for this sort of thing its much safer to just wire in a dang voltage guage ok cool check thanks

time to

add second set of wires from front battery to rear bank - and more fuzing - and possibly if i get a tax return add a second singer hairpin 320 alternator to help power three big 4 chans and a dc 7.5k beast

The truck has come a long way. It is looking great. Hope to see you around in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm setting up gauges in the rear batteries to. Just lost a battery a few weeks ago to and trying to find the time to rerun things before summer gets here. Good luck with the new runs. Will keep watching.

sweet thread and build, makes me wish I didnt get rid of this last year!

485648_3439649343828_953894154_n.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.