get loud for cheap / ghetto blaster burb

i bought it newly repainted - and am finding signs of small rust that was "repaired" before paint lol. but its not alot

that was a major thing i was looking at during my search for a big audio viechle was no to hardly any rust... and cheap lol

someone stole the ac compressor from it before i bought it at the used car lot it was in... = cheaper for me haha

edit for no pix on this page yet

rough idea what my back doors may end up like ( placment of 9 6.5 each door ) but i have 26 of them lol i guess spares are a good idea haha $4 pe mid

Last edited by a moderator:
eh im not the super biggest fan of bullet type tweets - might toss a few sealed back cone type 5" up in the window area if it needs them. the speakers i have for back there play in the upper range with authority still and have cut off of about 80hz where they break up pretty good below 50hz and sound like doo doo

we shall see how it goes....

other random updates - COPPER bus bar has been aquired to re locate my batterys from inside the enclosure to under my demo rear seat - wich will be removed and build in to a wood shell of a seat to house all 3 of my reserve batterys - hooked with 16"x2"x.5" pure solid copper bar for negative and one for positive - and then have a pair 12" piece of same copper bar to attach to my loading wall face as a means of my wire junctions and fuze block hook ups...

will free up alot of 1/0 wire run inside the enclosure to allow me to double runs to my atomic 5k

so that can finaly go in

and i need to install headunit 80 prs

but sadly no time.

11 to 16 hour work days for the last 3 weeks strait no days off + 1 more week of this hell.

today i went in at 9am out at 8pm - back to work at 11pm to do take down - home by 3 am ish...

back in at 11am tomorow = killz me. event setup and take down.

its like im a ghost. i dont even exist

just figured id update this thread - work has season in full swing now - im working between 65 and 95 hours a week so not much time to work on stereo on truck.. got the breaks done in the shop and took the cragar sst wheels off and put factory back on. the weight was just too much for those cragars to hold properly and they rubed when going around corners or idk what was wrong with them but id imagine someone before me just blew them out somehow.. wheels that take a shank lugnut are stupid fyi. conical seat lugnuts are the way to go.

got 3 windows working out of 4. got all the parts to fix just no time. been using "goop" on all the hardware as i fix each door regulator and motor - so they stop vibrating loose.

been pounding the stereo on the way to and fro work. enjoying it tremendusly.

pondering fliping the subs so the magnet is outside the box... would gain me .25 cubes per if i did that might lower tuning by 1 hz lol

seriously tho driving around my volt meter reads 14.8 to 14.6 playing at levels concidered get a ticket loud. once that ddm3a goes out and atomic 5k goes in id like to see how my voltage does as well as spl increase. id crap if i wasnt hitting 150+ currently - and not be super suprised if mid 50s happened.

its serious inside the burb.

if your local to south FL get a demo lmk if im loud enough lol

gave a demo to day laborer - he got 15 seconds in on got160s maroon 5 animals - and bailed out. tired to get back in 3 times as i was calling him a wimp but he just couldnt get in and sit in the truck playing that song at full tilt. its brutal

when i origonaly built my port it was the width of a 2x4 and a face of 3/4" plywood so thats about 4.25 inches - today i added a 2x6 to that port depth to create a longer port for a little lower tuning i hoped - now total depth is 10.5 inches

it plays nice - the 35 to 40 hz seems stronger now - and it has added some umph down to 27hz below that my output moves alot of air but not alot of sound....

maby next step is to shrink the port opening a 2x6 at a time and find the sweet spot

so since ive had some gear wating on me to fix some stuff in the burb to be more apropriate for the power levels running - i decided to gutt my wiring entirely also hoping to use pasanger side as power / and driver side as rca - as ive had some ground noise i want to get rid of

wiring get out

batterys get out of my ported section.

where do they go then ? in a fake seat made of wood - battery box demo port seat i guess

build

taping 1/4-20 threads on half inch by 2 inch copper bar is awfull - skip this step and pay someone to do it for you. money well spent

i did myself because the copper bar was DONATED FOR FREE to me by my local metal fab shop as it was in their scrap piles.

free is for me but drilling and hand taping the holes was awfull fyi.

amps going in this time

atomic 5k replaces ddm3a

so sub amp is in and plays off rca to i pod chord to test with. no 4 chans in yet

its pretty violent inside seems to play 30s to 40s the hardest.

its now impossible for me to smoke inside the burb at full blast. my lungs just cant drag a smoke while bass is pumping in and out my chest lol.

i kno its a strange refrence but thats a new thing for this build. probably almost close to getting loud

lol

hope to get on a term lab eventually....

hopefully before somethign blows up

haha

Okay brother, I am only on page one and I am extremely entertained by all that I am seeing. I am not an installer but an enthusiast so I love this stuff. I wish I had a huge vehicle like that and a budget haha... I would really like some work on my Touareg but I also don't have all that space! =(

its not that bad to tap but log looks good

so since ive had some gear wating on me to fix some stuff in the burb to be more apropriate for the power levels running - i decided to gutt my wiring entirely also hoping to use pasanger side as power / and driver side as rca - as ive had some ground noise i want to get rid of

wiring get out

batterys get out of my ported section.

where do they go then ? in a fake seat made of wood - battery box demo port seat i guess

build

taping 1/4-20 threads on half inch by 2 inch copper bar is awfull - skip this step and pay someone to do it for you. money well spent

i did myself because the copper bar was DONATED FOR FREE to me by my local metal fab shop as it was in their scrap piles.

free is for me but drilling and hand taping the holes was awfull fyi.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.