germs sound like crap HELP!!!!

zx6r2002

Boise
I just got my germs the other day and installed them in my 04 titan. i used the sound deadening in the doors inner and outer skins and put the foam stuff behind the speaker. i have a zx650.4 runnin the comps. its biamped. and i didnt adjust the crossovers, i hooked it up just like it came out the box. and my stock 6x9s sounded better. there is very little bass. the speakers movin but it just sounds like CRAP. whats wrong with them??? and im kinda new to the installin

uhm, are they wired out of phase (polarity is switched)? Is the EQ all funky? Do you have a weird filter on your amp? (i.e. like 500hz or something insanely high?)

Check to make sure it isn't out of phase first. Or flip it.

i just have it wired to the amp. no filter on the amp. im pretty sure i wired them in the right polarity. should i switch them anyways and c what happens

i just have it wired to the amp. no filter on the amp. im pretty sure i wired them in the right polarity. should i switch them anyways and c what happens
Well when i was doing my rear fill i didn't know which wire was positive and which was negative.

needless to say they sounded exactly as you described them. I flipped the wires around, and BAM they sounded x10 times better.

YES YES!!! Being GENTLE and doing soft trial and error can let you become almost as close to your equipment as a mother may become to her child.....

Of course being a bit sarcastic... but really. When testing everything, start small and listen to everything! No matter how small work with it and build up!

I was so frustrated when i staterd tuning my system (albeit on a boat in an open air environment) i wanted it to be sooo perfect but couldnt get that. There was always the "kink" in the system. And dealing with 12 speakers this became messy. Although it HURT so bad. I spent a half of a season tuning.

Some of my speakers that i had "in phase" actually sounded better "out of phase" in the open air environment.!!! Crazy!!! goes against EVERYTHING i have learned about audio!!

Guess the point is,,, Every installlation is different, every environment has variables and the true test is your ears!!!!!! The inportant thing is, of course,,, where are you happy (with your sounds that is) ... **** IT.... might take months to get it,,,, or years, but once you get it,,, even for a moment, that is what makes the sport worth it. At least for me...

STILL FIGHTING..........

I just got my germs the other day and installed them in my 04 titan. i used the sound deadening in the doors inner and outer skins and put the foam stuff behind the speaker. i have a zx650.4 runnin the comps. its biamped. and i didnt adjust the crossovers, i hooked it up just like it came out the box. and my stock 6x9s sounded better. there is very little bass. the speakers movin but it just sounds like CRAP. whats wrong with them??? and im kinda new to the installin
Did you cover all the holes in the doors?

i didnt cover all the holes in the doors. should i do that too. with the fiberglass? i tried switchin the polarity but that didnt do anything.

I would cover all the holes in the door. If your settings on you head unit and amp are correct the speakers might just need to be broken in. ;>)

i didnt cover all the holes in the doors. should i do that too. with the fiberglass? i tried switchin the polarity but that didnt do anything.
You can use whatever; sheetmetal, screen door mesh, plexiglass, just use something to cover over them holes. Be sure to cover whatever you use with some deadener. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Edit: Read the Sticky at the top of this forum. And/or this >>

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=ht

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.