Germaniums and Biamping...??? Help! **pic**

Participant count
  • Participant list

Damaso87
10+ year member

iPoor
I recently started installing these as you can see from my project log in General Chat, but now im effing stuck! Im getting mixed directions as to how i should wire the crossover. This is what i THINK it should be. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

germaniumcrossovermaybevl7.jpg

Considering the right channel:

I have it bridged at the amp, with one wire coming up to the crossover. No idea whats happening at the input of the crossover, this is what i was told to do. Does somebody care to explain?

The outputs (red and black lines) from the crossover to the drivers is correct.

Tweeter amp, right channel... positive goes to TW+, negative goes to TW-

Woofer amp, right channel ... positive goes to W+, negative goes to W-

Do the same for the left channels of the amp(s)

Okay... so, a five-channel amp means you have channels A, B, C, D, (satellite channels) and subwoofer, correct?

You have one pair germainium rainbow speakers and one or more subs, correct?

I would bridge the four satellite channels down to two and just run two wires to each crossover, and wire tw+ and w+ to positive and tw- and w- to negative on one bridged channel of the amp.

do it one more time for the other crossover on the remaining bridged channel.

If the passive crossovers have a switch or jumpers for switching biamp, you might need to see the instructions or get help from someone else here who is familiar with that crossover.

The correct bi-amping diagram is on page 13 of the English section of the Germanium's manual, although it shows only a 2-channel amplifier but the concept is there.

You need to wire 2 channels to each crossover: Tw+ and Tw- wired from 1 channel, W+ and W- wired from another channel.

Then do the same wiring to the other crossover for the third and fourth channels.

Okay, just saw your second picture.

Now run a second red wire from same place on amp to TW+

Run second yellow wire to W-

Do the same thing for the rear amp channel to the second crossover.

I would bridge the four satellite channels down to two and just run two wires to each crossover, and wire tw+ and w+ to positive and tw- and w- to negative on one bridged channel of the amp.

do it one more time for the other crossover on the remaining bridged channel.

If the passive crossovers have a switch or jumpers for switching biamp, you might need to see the instructions or get help from someone else here who is familiar with that crossover.

Thats what randyrsx told me to do, and thats how he had it wired up. But now, how would I bridge the four sat channels down to two? Just splice the wires together?

Unfortunately i got the germs used (doesnt it always happen that way? hah. bad pun) and they came with no manual. lemme whip up a new picture to see if ive got this right

ampwiring2qh7.jpg

whats the difference between THIS and biamping?

- This picture is correct.

What you are doing is biwiring.

Biamping would be each driver having it's own amp channel. 4 - drivers, four channels. No passive crossover, only the crossover in the amp, or outboard/separate electronic crossover. You would need a crossover that goes high into tweter teritory to do it (2,000 - 5,000 hz.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.