Fusion 2500d Cutting Out

Yeah, you cant run 2500w on stock electrical, youll burn it up. Its cutting out because of low voltage.

You need a 200-250 amp fuse under the hood, a good battery up front (Optima YT or something similar) a good battery in the back (kinetic, powermaster, etc) and big three like you said. then you might be able to get away with bumping it while your driving without severe voltage drops. Dont bump it real hard until you get this ^^ done or youll fry the power supply.

Yeah, you cant run 2500w on stock electrical, youll burn it up. Its cutting out because of low voltage.
Its not 2500wrms more like 1800-2000wrms....im planning on just running my single Hifonics Golaith 15" w/a ohm load of 0.5ohm on the Fusion 2500d.

I know im going to need the right electrical. so where do i start now?

I have FUSION 1/0ga running from the battery. should i chop it up and use it for the Big 3 and Just Use 4ga for the powerwire. Also can 4ga handle 2500wrms?

you have an 80a external fuse? jeez i thought something different last night.

are you testing the voltage at the battery or at the amp? i wonder what the difference is since you have a fuse that is probably choking the living ish out of that amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Definately get another battery, and get that 80a fuse up to like a 150a. Do you use ANL or the round AGU fuses?

4g cannot handle 2500w, do you have 0g or 4g inputs on the amp?

if you need any 150a ANL fuses i can help you out, I have about 20 of them sitting here.

the amp it self has 4ga inputs. the amp needs a 200a fuse(recomended). i run mine at 3 ohms and have a 120a alt and 2 batteries. at 2 ohm, these amps have tested 2100 watts at 14.5v. at the lower impeadence they become quite power hungry.

you need to do the big 3 and add a small battery near the amp. run 0ga wire and they make adaptors to allow you to fit it to the 4ga input on the amp. and a bigger alt would be good also.

what kind of car is this in?

-vic

probably a DiZZonK //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Its not 2500wrms more like 1800-2000wrms....im planning on just running my single Hifonics Golaith 15" w/a ohm load of 0.5ohm on the Fusion 2500d.
I know im going to need the right electrical. so where do i start now?

I have FUSION 1/0ga running from the battery. should i chop it up and use it for the Big 3 and Just Use 4ga for the powerwire. Also can 4ga handle 2500wrms?
now that i read that, you will need at least a 150a alt and 2nd battery. there was a guy i know that tested over 2600w at .5 ohm on burps. to run that daily you will have to do all the ele. upgrades to be safe. you will have to keep the voltage above 12v running at .5 ohms.

hey crxbmpn, do you still have the 81000d for sale?
i do not, in fact i just finished up boxing it up about an hour ago! it has to ship to Hawaii!!! eek //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

in fact i need to remove that link from my sig thx for reminding me.

Also running a amplifier at low voltage will burn out the transistor mosfets, the semiconductor didoes and the gate and pulldown resistors, then the amp will most likely light on fire.

Also running a amplifier at low voltage will burn out the transistor mosfets, the semiconductor didoes and the gate and pulldown resistors, then the amp will most likely light on fire.
true, we all know what happens when you let the smoke out of somthing electrical

you have an 80a external fuse? jeez i thought something different last night.are you testing the voltage at the battery or at the amp? i wonder what the difference is since you have a fuse that is probably choking the living ish out of that amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Definately get another battery, and get that 80a fuse up to like a 150a. Do you use ANL or the round AGU fuses?
NO i have 2 80 Fuses.....wired w/the capacitor. and a 80amp fuse under the hood on the 1/0ga battery wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.