Fusion 2500d Cutting Out

Donks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CO, Ohio
I got a Fusion 2500d today. it was already hooked up w/capacitor and fuse holders...etc

I hooked it up to my 15's @ 1ohm. and its works fine when the volume is super low but as i turn the volume up and the bass really starts to hit, i hear a clicking noise inside the amp like a cutoff then backon type of noise. IDK i have a good ground and 1/0ga wire. idk what it is but its urking me. My Directed 1100d works fine on them, just wanted to upgrade a little.

with that amp at 1 ohm, it can draw around 140, 150 amps or so. i would recomend a 2nd battery and at least a 120a alt to run that amp daily at 1 ohm safely.

ok i bypassed the capacitor and the volts sitting around 14.3v. still cutting out though. I have a 80amp under the hood btw..

ok i bypassed the capacitor and the volts sitting around 14.3v. still cutting out though. I have a 80amp under the hood btw..
you need to see what the voltage is when it cuts out. most cars will charge around 14.3ish volts, but but the amp will draw current and cause the voltage to dip when it is playing music. running that much power on stock electrical isnt a great idea.

It sits at aroun 14.3v with car on. When I turn up volume it cuts out it drops to around 11.3v....

Im starting to think either the problem is either

1. The Amp is way to powerful for my Stock electrical. escpecially since i got an oldschool caprice

2. I need at least a 200amp fuse. Not just the 80amp fuse under the hood.

3. I havent done Big 3.

4. I got 1/0ga power wire....and 4gauge ground wire(this shouldnt be a problem though because it works on my Directed 1100d fine)

5. The battery under my hood is small as heck....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.