Fusing amps question

Participant count
  • Participant list

waccord99
10+ year member

Jersey
alright i have 2 amps one has a 40 amp fuse on it....the other had a 80 amp fuse on it......i have upgraded it to a amp with a 120 amp fuse on it......on my distribution block i always had a fuse before the amps and now i cannot find a agu or anl fuse anywhere locally that is 120 amps......my friend has been running both of his amps without fuses on the distribution block...he told me it doesnt matter......does it??.....i currently have a 150 amp anl fuse up front by the way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

The amps are not fused themselves. I am considering using smaller gauge wire for the 200 and 300 watt amps (I believe they only recommend 12 awg...
How I would approach it is install your new amplifier and start using it. Install a voltage gauge and if you see your voltage lowering then add...
Additinally, no need to reference "max" anything as those specs are useless. Most of know how to look at specs for a given speaker, amp, HU, etc...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
You don't need two amps. The speakers come with crossovers to help protect the tweeters.

About this thread

waccord99

10+ year member
waccord99
Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from