fuse rating

Participant count
  • Participant list
Fuses are wire dependant. Best example 1/0 ofc is rated for 300 amps. 1/0 cca is rated at 250a.
no, i mean the ones that are like a foot from the amp. the powerclasses are externally fused. i think they draw 3o for the 250 and 40 for the 275, but im not sure

no, i mean the ones that are like a foot from the amp. the powerclasses are externally fused. i think they draw 3o for the 250 and 40 for the 275, but im not sure
just do a fused block with a 30 and 40 in it..

Yes the fuses within a foot of the amp are wire dependent. The only thing a fuse is for is to protect your wires from a short or thermal failure. Not to save the amps. I mean it will save your amps but that’s not the purpose.

Lol your post dont make sense..
If you want to fuse for the wire then yes even if its the fuse you put a foot away from the amp or battery it goes by the wire rating.

The 275 is actually 35amps

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes the fuses within a foot of the amp are wire dependent. The only thing a fuse is for is to protect your wires from a short or thermal failure. Not to save the amps. I mean it will save your amps but that’s not the purpose.
the item i linked in my previous post is what im thinking about getting. the PC250 and PC275 only take 8 gauge, so im going to place this as close as possible to the amps

It will not let me see the link. If it’s a fused distro block knukomcepts makes some nice ones for sure. If it were me I’d run a run of 1/0 with 250/300a fuses writhing 12-18 inches of each battery/distro block. Then I’d run the 8ga off the block to the amps. 1/0 is probably overkill but for the cost of 4ga I’d spent the extra 1$ a foot on 1/0.

Most spl guys don’t run fuses due to resistance loss ...as long as everything is run properly with your wiring and cable you don’t need them ..but if you have any doubts at all it’s better to use fuses ...just add up the fuse value on your amps and use that as your main fuse value

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.