Full Stereo Wiring,Setup,ETC opinions please....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ankur104

NJ
Hi Guys,

New to the forum and wanted see what everyone's opinion is on a system I am installing for a friend. I have done plenty of stereo installs as far as low grade throw in stuff customers have brought to me but nothing as detailed as this one. Friend has a 2004 Infiniti G35 which has a 110 amp stock alternator. Here is a list of what he has already ...

1. Pioneer AHL-x4600BT

2. Massive Audio CK6X 6.5 Components

3. Alpine PDX-M6 600 watt 4-ohm (80AMP)

4. Pioneer GM-D8604 100 watt x 4 RMS 4-ohm (60 AMP)

5. 2- Pioneer TS-W257D4 subs that are rated for 350watts RMS each

6. Duralast Primary Battery (Kinetik does not make replacement size)

The question i have is how should i go as far as wiring this stereo so he doesn't have dimming issues. I was going to do 4 gauge big 3 since is short runs. But i was told that wont be enough and adding a Secondary Kinetik 1200 or 1400 would be the best bet in the rear. If thats the case i want to run 2 gauge to the trunk but Knu Konceptz only sells 1/0 gauge and 4 gauge. Any idea where i can get Knu Konceptz quality and price for 2 gauge? Its already a pain trying to find battery terminals that will accept the factory wires plus 4 gauge for big 3 and 1/0 gauge for connecting the dual batteries together. I want to keep as simple as possible but i dont want to double work. He's not going to go any bigger or sitting with car off and radio on, hes just a guy who likes to have good tunes when he drives which he does a lot. A detailed response would be greatly appreciated.

I would go with welding cable when doing my BIG 3. It can also be used for positive and negative runs for the amp. 100% copper.
1/0 CCI ROYAL EXCELENE WELDING CABLE BLACK

Are you looking for top post or side post terminals?
The car has top post right now but he might get a new AGM battery with both top and side post...

Why do a 1/0 gauge if its not necessary? At least i can just order 2 awg welding cable and use it all over the car for BIG 3 upgrade as well .

Bigger the wire, more current flow. I'm quite sure you know this. If he decides to upgrade amps down the line, you don't have to worry about doing the wires. The 2 gauge should work as well.

I run this battery: Intimidator 9A78DT Group Size 34/78 AGM Battery - Remy Battery. I use these terminal on the top post:

CARQUEST - Product Information:CARQUEST Wire Accessories By Standard Battery Top Terminal - Negative - Military type battery terminal - For adding auxiliary l.

I connect all factory wires to the side post terminals, which would be the stock location, in my vehicle.

Bigger the wire, more current flow. I'm quite sure you know this. If he decides to upgrade amps down the line, you don't have to worry about doing the wires. The 2 gauge should work as well.
I run this battery: Intimidator 9A78DT Group Size 34/78 AGM Battery - Remy Battery. I use these terminal on the top post:

CARQUEST - Product Information:CARQUEST Wire Accessories By Standard Battery Top Terminal - Negative - Military type battery terminal - For adding auxiliary l.

I connect all factory wires to the side post terminals, which would be the stock location, in my vehicle.
Yeah i know about bigger wire means more current flow but i know for a fact he will not be upgrading amps or anything later.

Do you think 1 battery in the front will be enough for me or with his alternator being 110amp i will def need 2 batteries?

Also the carquest link for terminals doesnt get me to the link. You have a part number?

Yeah i know about bigger wire means more current flow but i know for a fact he will not be upgrading amps or anything later. Do you think 1 battery in the front will be enough for me or with his alternator being 110amp i will def need 2 batteries?

Also the carquest link for terminals doesnt get me to the link. You have a part number?
Here's the part number: BP36N

I don't see those 2 amps being current hogs. I think you would be fine with one good battery.

pdx amps are pretty efficient and the 4ch might pull 60a once in its life. I would probably do 4ga big 3 and 2ga main run. My justification for the ga big 3 is with the stock alt putting out 110 amps 4 ga is just fine. Also infinity's tend to be kinda tight and 4ga would make life easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.