Full range signal to feed mono subwoofer amp

You guys are awesome! Im so happy I joined this site, everyone has been so helpful!

Without you guys I don't think my build would be going very smooth. From the questions I have asked and just reading around, I have learned so much!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/happydance.gif.a963168fea27d8453c3ec467ddcf9e1c.gif

[quote name='quackhead']@Team Maxxsonics

Why would you recommend against using the RCA L/R full range stereo inputs on a monblock?[/QUOTE]

Because Maxxsonics mono block amplifiers are probably the only ones crippled by their design and are unable to accept stereo signal and then add the left and right. You have to take one channel and split it with the y-splitter. This is a reason why I returned a new MB Quart ONX1000D and why I will never buy an amplifier with such design.

a ton of amps only have one input.
Perhaps, but that doesn't seem to be optimal since many stereos have a separate left and right out. The Maxxsonics amps do have two inputs, but require the same signal on both. In fact, a single input would have worked better, however suboptimal, because then there is no need for the y-splitter. In the end, I am not concerned with the y-splitter, but with the possibility that if the left and right signal is not the same, then this setup alters the recorded signal.

Perhaps, but that doesn't seem to be optimal since many stereos have a separate left and right out. The Maxxsonics amps do have two inputs, but require the same signal on both. In fact, a single input would have worked better, however suboptimal, because then there is no need for the y-splitter. In the end, I am not concerned with the y-splitter, but with the possibility that if the left and right signal is not the same, then this setup alters the recorded signal.
Seems like something as important as this design would be outlined in bold letters in the specs. Which HU's have 1 single mono out, or two that are not color designated? What other Amp manufacturers follow this design pattern, besides the ones with a single rca input?

Seems like something as important as this design would be outlined in bold letters in the specs. Which HU's have 1 single mono out, or two that are not color designated? What other Amp manufacturers follow this design pattern, besides the ones with a single rca input?
It's not a big deal... just get a splitter if your amp requires it.

Ok! So from all that, my monoblock amp has a input of L/R RCA connecters that are white and red. That means I can use the full range signal to feed it?

Right Channel = red

Left Channel = white

right?

my amp is like OP's with white and red full range RCA inputs. My HU has red and white pre amp outputs, if a y adapter is needed, which one do we use? the Left or Right channel?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.