Full new setup, help a beginner out.

Get a 4 channel amp, run the first two channels with a 2 way component set through a passive crossover, then run the 8" midbasses active and just dial it in with the built in crossovers on the amp (Just like how you would do with a sub). And get a good headunit.
This is what I think I will do, thanks. Any recommendations for the 6-1/2" or 6-8"? Are those alpines fine or should I get something better since I will probably be saving money on tweeters and a 5 channel amp?

you can look at the sq post, many of them are not running rear speakers so why dont you buy a spr 60

and a four channel amp bridge two channel for an small sub with a nice hu?

i do some homework maybe you like this

hu.- pionieer deh 80 prs $235

speakers alpine 60 c $ 150

alpine PDR F 50 $ 300

alpine swd 8d2 $ 100

total 785 ( amazon prices)

nice componets for the bucks, running them active all, you can set all your xovers, and time aligment the way you need

how?

tweets directo to hu yes tweets will be getting 22 watts each

mids to two channels of the amps getting like 80 watts

sub two channels bridged getting 280 watts

i think its a nice set up for you to start in sq world,

well thats my opinion and options

This is what I think I will do, thanks. Any recommendations for the 6-1/2" or 6-8"? Are those alpines fine or should I get something better since I will probably be saving money on tweeters and a 5 channel amp?
Dayton Audio ND25FA-4 1" Soft Dome Neodymium Tweeter

Dayton Audio RS150-4 6" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm

Dayton Audio RS225-4 8" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm

Dayton Audio XO2W-2.5K 2-Way Speaker Crossover 2,500 Hz (more laid back)

Or

Dayton Audio XO2W-3.5K 2-Way Speaker Crossover 3,500 Hz (more brighter)

It will cost you roughly $250 for that setup. Just get a good 4 channel and head unit to go with that. Use the extra money to buy some sound deadener and you'll be set. Make sure you focus on doing a good install rather than just placing them wherever you can fit them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.