FU Audio box build

Bomber Z
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
12552694_10207310166208929_3238813039144787000_n.jpg

Thanks Mazda Kid.

And to tell you about how I got to buying them. I read Taylor Fades test on them with a few other subs and the FU Audio subs came in 2nd to the DSS Ethos 12's which is a great sub that I have seen in action many times. If the FU Audio 12's can hang with them for half the price, then I had to try them. Then I seen them taking a beating for my self. I was sold. I have to say when opening them up I was very please on the build of the subs. I'm very shocked that more people haven't picked these up for the price you just can't beat them. I must say I'm so glade I did not miss out on these. I have a few other sets of new 12's I passed up to build a box for these first. Frank Yu was a big help on getting all the info I requested from him. He has AAA+++ customer service that I would expect. I will try to get some more pictures up when I can. I have just been so busy I still have to find the time to finish out the Astro before something else happens.

yes, they will take a beating. Yes they will take over rated power in a correct enclosure on good un-clipped power. Yes, they are very affordable. They are built in the US.

I have been running them for months now. Four 750-15's in a custom octo-port enclosure tuned at 26hz. On a Cresendo BC5500 at .5 ohm on great electrical. I'm hitting 140.7db down at 17hz. I'm at 148.5db by 28hz. And the build peaks at 40hz.

Are the 12's or the 750 series in general spl subs. Don't know a whole lot about t/s parameters but I saw Taylor fades t/s on the12 and the fs was like 43. Will these subs generally speaking the 750 12's be good for daily. About mid 20's to upper 30's hz.
@Jeffdachef I read some post we're you had some expience with these.

Also nice box OP

[quote name='awholelotofnutz']Are the 12's or the 750 series in general spl subs. Don't know a whole lot about t/s parameters but I saw Taylor fades t/s on the12 and the fs was like 43. Will these subs generally speaking the 750 12's be good for daily. About mid 20's to upper 30's hz.
@Jeffdachef I read some post we're you had some expience with these.

Also nice box OP[/QUOTE]

The FS T-Fade pulled was fresh, The subs are very stiff when you get them. After some time playing, the FS dramatically drops to normal levels. These subs can get loud but they sound very smooth, its not an all out SPL sub. Even though they weigh 6lbs heavier than a Sundown SA sub, they can sound really nice too. The lower you tune them, the flatter it plays but it'll lose punch up top. They , played rock and metal pretty well in a 1.6 cubic feet box tuned to 35hz and got decently loud off 2 cubic feet tuned to 33hz but lost a bit of the upper snap.

They definitely handle way more power than rated, i'd give these subs at least 1.2k each if you want to maximize potential. The coils can handle a lot of heat and testing with my buddy(that runs them) we have not yet bottomed them out on a ct sounds AT 900.1, no subsonic filter. My buddy also gives zero fks and clips the fk out of his setup all the time (clipping indicator always blinking red and solid red sometimes too.... he wont listen...) and the sub's been going strong for 6+ months of straight clippin.

That sounds great. I believe I finally settled on some subs. My finished sub stage will be 4 of the fu 750 on 2 1.8k ts. Oh yea how much port area should I give these per foot. And thanks for the help

That sounds great. I believe I finally settled on some subs. My finished sub stage will be 4 of the fu 750 on 2 1.8k ts. Oh yea how much port area should I give these per foot. And thanks for the help
half SD should be plenty. Can go a bit higher if you want, doesnt affect frequency response as much as other subs.

half SD should be plenty. Can go a bit higher if you want, doesnt affect frequency response as much as other subs.
Sorry for the noobness but the sd is 95 then /2 is 45. If I had one in a 2.0 then that would be 23" per cube. Seems like a lot but I am new to this and could be wrong all together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bomber Z

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Bomber Z
Davie, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date